Author Topic: Are Greenies to Dogs like Catnip is to Cats?  (Read 4803 times)

Offline fcsantos

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Are Greenies to Dogs like Catnip is to Cats?
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:48:19 am »
We just started giving Greenies to our dogs and they love them but sometimes after they eat them they get so wound up. Is there some sort of crack cocaine (just kidding) in them like there is in catnip that makes them do this? How many of these should we be giving our dogs? We are giving them each one a day.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Are Greenies to Dogs like Catnip is to Cats?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 10:57:47 am »
Hey, what is catnip made out of anyway?  Maybe they should call those greenies dognips.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:01:55 am »
Ahhh, is Zoe crashing off a Greenies high in that picture?   :D

We haven't ever really given our dogs Greenies, so I can't be of much help there.  I do know that when we first brought Ranger home from the shelter he was on a less-preferred brand of dog food that contained a lot of corn in it, and we later learned that can make dogs kinda excitable.  The first few days after we got him switched over to Solid Gold, he was definitely coming down off a corn high....   ;D

Do the pups get like that whenever you give them an edible treat, or JUST with the Greenies?
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 11:02:43 am »
catnip is just an herb with a very distinct smell that I guess cats like.   I give greenies to Sophie maybe once or twice a week.  The bag says everyday but that just seems like too much... plus it turns their poop green.   I've never noticed if she's been more hyper after having one or not..  she's a pretty mellow dog though.  I don't think they're like catnip for dogs although dogs sure seems to like them.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 12:40:24 pm »
I filled out the online form for a free sample of greenies , it arrived in the mail yesterday. This was a little bag filled with tiny little green pellet type things . It was for a dog under 10 lbs.
We tried it , both dogs were very interested and my 3 cats were as well, so they all got a little bit. No excitement afterwards though they did like it. 

Offline fcsantos

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 04:22:37 pm »
Zoe is just crashed out so she can grow. She loves to lounge around when she is not chewing on things.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:12 pm »
What are greenies?