Author Topic: Im so excited...getting a puppy  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Im so excited...getting a puppy
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:44:36 pm »
I am excited ;D I am moving out this summer and have an awesome job. With it just being me and my daughters I wanted to get a bigger dog then Gucci, but cant get too big cause of my apartment, so I feel safer being home alone at night and what not. I have found an awesome breeder of Amstaffordshir e terriers, been breeding for 40yrs and has a lot of CHs. She has approved me for a home for a puppy and both parents are CH, and has 25 CHs in their pedigrees combined. The puppies arent even born and wont be for awhile. Im just thrilled about it all and wanted to share. I hope you all can share in my happiness, I know some might not agree with me gettng  puppy this soon but I feel comfortable about it and have the money to get the puppy and take proper care of him [will get a male cause the breeder feels it will be better since I already have a female] I have been doing tons of research on this breed and the breeder is only 2 hours from me. I even have a name picked out for my future puppy...Aztec  ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:20:25 pm by Blair »

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Im so excited...getting a puppy
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 09:39:35 am »
That's great news! How fun! Aztec is a great name! Keep us posted, and congrats on getting your own place, too. Time to start fresh and leave the painful stuff behind... ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 01:36:19 pm »
The puppies will be born in July, if the breeding took. The parents of this litter are just breathe taking!! I have always liked this breed but Ben would never let me get this breed. So I am thrilled I can finally get one and to top it all off found an amazing breeder!  :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 05:17:06 pm »
Congrats!  I hope the breeding took.
It is such an awesome breed, I love them but my hubby won't let me get one either.  :P

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 05:39:16 pm »
Here are pictures of the parents, which I am thrilled both are CHs ;D Now I just need to wait and I hate waiting lol The first is the Sire of the litter and then the Momma lol

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 05:46:29 pm »
I was going to ask if you had pix of the parents but didn't know if you did.........lo l.

Love love love the sire!  He's built just how I like them.  More tall and lean.  The females a bit more typey but really nice looking as well.

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 06:00:09 pm »
The bitch's head is just beautiful. I love her expression. Daddy's built like a monster- oh he's gorgeous. Those are two very very nice looking dogs, congratulation s, I know you are just tickled pink. I remember the first show dog I bought and once you are on the approved list its like "Really?? I was approved for one of these amazing and gorgeous dogs!!!!!! Surely you jest!" they are all so special. (Course, I felt the first way the first time I was approved for a rescue :)  )

Does the breeder have a site? I'd love to see some of her other dogs.

Congrats again, and I love the name. Are you going to show?

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 06:03:59 pm »
Yes I love the sire too!!! He is just breathe taking!!! They have pictures of him on the webpage moving in the showring, and he just looks awesome!!! I am really pleased with this breeder and her dogs :) I think Im more excited cause this is my first dog I am buying on my own!!!!

I have already called my apartment and asked about this breed before I contacted breeders. Thanks for the heads up though :) Yes it is ashame people think so badly on certain breeds, when they should more think badly of the people that own these breeds and treat them poorly!

Im not going to show, just getting a pet. I have their website but not sure if its allowed to post it?