Author Topic: My Sigfried died- I am stunned  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
My Sigfried died- I am stunned
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:00:47 pm »
My cat, Sigfried, is dead and I can't believe it.  He wasn't even four years old.  I came downstairs yesterday morning to let the dogs out and he was lying on the floor.  I thought he was sleeping but then saw his eyes were open and he wasn't breathing.  My poor baby.
I took him to the vet and had a PM- turns out he had thickening of the heart walls and had a stroke.  He didn't suffer  (Thank God)but I had no warning and didn't get to say goodbye...
My Sigfried, I will miss you so much.  There is a hole in our household now that will never be filled.  McDougal misses his special buddy and Spooky is looking for you everywhere.  We keep waiting for you to come over when we feed the baby (he loved to eat baby food and always got to lick the bowl).  I slept with my legs curled up so you could have your spot on the bed, but there was no familiar weight of your head on my feet.  My little vegetarian cat, Daddy was saving you some beans last night when he realized you are no longer with us-and he cried too even though you were always testing his patience.  We miss you beyond words and I don't know who will chase the moths that get into the house.  The little squirrel who comes to the porch every day to taunt you looked through the window this morning but you weren't there.  You were the only cat I've ever known who loved to play fetch.  We love you Sigglesworth, rest in peace.
I see that yesterday was a day of loss for many people and my heart goes out to you.  I can't believe how painful this is and how terribly, terribly sad I am, and how sad you must be too. 
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: My Sigfried died- I am stunned
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 07:17:55 am »
I am so sorry.  I can't imagine just finding one of my babies gone like that, out of the blue.  That has to be devastating.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:04:57 am »
I'm so sorry.  :'(

I lost one of my kitties a few years back suddenly. She too had a heart condition that went undetected. She was a seemingly healthy 3 year old. :'(

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 09:35:37 am »
Aw - so sudden. How awful for you guys! I'm so sorry...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline mastiffmomoftwo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 09:59:23 am »
There are no words to ease your grief.
I'm sorry.

Chris

(Beau & Luke's Mom)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 12:10:58 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.  I'm sure all of our beloved kitties that have gone before Sigfried were waiting to welcome him and assure him that even though he is not with you, you will always love and miss him.

I don't know what I will do when it is time for my Oscar to go, but I will take comfort in knowing that Sigfried will be there waiting to show him the ropes.  I hope you can find peace in knowing that you provided a wonderful, loving home for his too-short life.

Take care...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 01:36:14 pm »
I'm so sorry.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:53:52 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss.  A cat that i have had since i was 9 years old is still alive but living across the the country with my mom now...she is soon going to hit 20 and i know that i wont be there.  It breaks my heart.  I am so sorry you didnt get to say goodbye. My heart is with you.

Susan.