Author Topic: Music for a Friday  (Read 9290 times)

dohertyswissy

Re: Music for a Friday
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 06:59:08 pm »
OH!!!  I just thought of one I really like ... its my "Getting Ready To Go Out" song:

Friday Night by Fun Lovin' Criminals

Weekend song, but definitely not cheesy ;)

I LOVE FUN LOVIN' CRIMINALS!!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 07:25:57 pm »
I love any song by Zebrahead and/or KMFDM!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 11:35:17 pm »
Right now it's Blink 182 "I won't be home for Christmas" and Bloodhound Gang's "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo" right after it.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

dohertyswissy

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 01:08:41 pm »
OOH!!!  I love this idea!!!  Here's some that I'm listening to right now, while trying to pick out what to wear for GNO (Girls' Night Out)!!

1.)  Banditos - The Refreshments 

2.)  Too Bad About Your Girl - The Donnas

3.)  Pickin' Wildflowers - Keith Anderson

4.)  Around the Way Girl - LL Cool J

5.)  Jesse's Girl - Rick Springfield

6.)  One Thing - Amerie

Yeah...I'm all OVER THE PLACE TONIGHT!!!  WOOHOO!!  IT'S FRIDAY!!!   ;D

Banditos is the BEST! 

Hey Heather, does your alias say your Captain Jean-Luc Picard, of the United Federation of Planets?

LOL Jenn - Is there any other alias?  Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people, so meet me at the mission at midnight, k?

I got the pistol, so I get the pesos....Yeah. ...that seems fair.  ;)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 05:43:01 pm »
Jenn, I am loving "Zoom" by Super Furry Animals right now....

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 06:16:16 pm »
I HIGHLY recommend you all check out Mark Broussard. He is from Carencro, LA and they started playing a couple of his songs on VH1. I LOVE him and the songs are Perfect for Fridays.

check out www.markbrouss ard.com. I think you can sample some of his songs on there. Or go to Amazon and search for his album Carencro. You can sample the songs on there, too.
My favorite is "Home".

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 06:26:56 pm »

Photograph by Nickelback

That one is stuck in my head with Arms wide open by Creed

I'm not really into Nickelback but they make catchy songs, like "Are We Havin' Fun Yet".  They are the first Canadian band to be #1 on the Billboard Top 100. Creed's "With Legs Wide Open" is not quite as catchy as "Can You Take Me Higher".  ;D

I love "With arms wide open" and "can you take me higher"... great band...

One of my new favorites is Lifehouse. "You and Me" and "Everything" are my favorites  :)

LOL, Newf Lover, I like Kelly Clarkson, but I HATE how her songs get imbedded into your brain! Beautiful Disaster is a good song though  ;)

"Only Hope" by Mandy Moore/Switchfoot is a really good song... right Megan?  ;D

lol, I could go on forever  :P
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 06:41:43 pm »
jjfritsche - I checked out Marc Broussard and "Home" sounds like a great song.  It sounds like it kind of has that dark, swamp rock-y vibe that I like. 

I can't remember if I asked you this before - do you like a lot of Louisiana music?  One of my favorite bands ever is from Lafayette - The Bluerunners...  They mix a lot of cajun and zydeco elements with rock, and they are great.  Each of their albums has a bit different sound, and they are all great...

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 06:42:40 pm »
a lot of stuff from "the blind boys of alabama"
anything from Ani Difranco, Soul Coughing,
Tori Amos (her early stuff especially),
Squirrel Nut Zippers, Primus, Morphine, Violent Femmes, Tom Waits, Prick, Operation Ivy, All, Portishead, Morcheeba

and if your in a bad mood, Stone Temple Pilots "CORE" is my angry album.  ;)  Though I'm in love with all their stuff and Velvet Revolver's too.   I luv Scott Weiland.  ;D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 06:50:32 pm »
a lot of stuff from "the blind boys of alabama"
anything from Ani Difranco, Soul Coughing,
Tori Amos (her early stuff especially),
Squirrel Nut Zippers, Primus, Morphine, Violent Femmes, Tom Waits, Prick, Operation Ivy, All, Portishead, Morcheeba

and if your in a bad mood, Stone Temple Pilots "CORE" is my angry album.  ;)  Though I'm in love with all their stuff and Velvet Revolver's too.   I luv Scott Weiland.  ;D
Hey Moni, I love practically ALL of those bands you mentioned.  I am a big Tom Waites fan, love Morphine, Squirrel Nut Zippers, etc.

Have you even seen that skit that Conan O'Brien does where he shows these ridiculous made-up TV channels that supposedly exist on cable?  One of my favorite ones (aside from the channel where they had a golden retriever doing sign language for deaf dogs) is the Tom Waites Temp Channel.  It basically features Tom Waites working as a temp in an office and singing things like "I know we all must work together as a team - so here is your vanilla latte' with extra whipped cream."  It is so stupid that it is funny...

My friend dated the guitar player in STP for awhile - but I can't remember what his name was....  Dean?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 06:55:04 pm »
jjfritsche - I checked out Marc Broussard and "Home" sounds like a great song.  It sounds like it kind of has that dark, swamp rock-y vibe that I like. 

I can't remember if I asked you this before - do you like a lot of Louisiana music?  One of my favorite bands ever is from Lafayette - The Bluerunners...  They mix a lot of cajun and zydeco elements with rock, and they are great.  Each of their albums has a bit different sound, and they are all great...

my penchant for Louisiana music depends on the type and my mood. I like zydeco when it's "in season" (around Mardi Gras, etc.) or when entertaining out -of-towners.

I love the new swamp rock that's coming out of here, though - like Marc's, Louisiana La Rue, Cowboy Mouth and Better than Ezra. When they get that right combo of Cajun and Rock it's killer! I'll have to check out the Bluerunners.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 07:27:43 pm »

my penchant for Louisiana music depends on the type and my mood. I like zydeco when it's "in season" (around Mardi Gras, etc.) or when entertaining out -of-towners.

I love the new swamp rock that's coming out of here, though - like Marc's, Louisiana La Rue, Cowboy Mouth and Better than Ezra. When they get that right combo of Cajun and Rock it's killer! I'll have to check out the Bluerunners.

If I ever get around to it, I will burn you a disc of Bluerunners' stuff.  Their first CD is more hard-driving and rough, and their later ones a bit more mellow, but all still great.

Rob Savoy who used to be the bassist in Cowboy Mouth was the original bass player in The Bluerunners!   :)

lorim2

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 01:05:53 pm »
Ok...I am an old metalhead from way back and some things just dont die!  I can listen to good metal anyday of the week!!  Just went last week to see supposedly their last tour....Minist ry..OMG  they are awesome...so I vote some ministry for friday..Also so glad some of my old 80's boys are coming back...Motley Crew!!  woohoo  Love those guys and they are making their way to Dallas in July...Along with Nicky Sixx with Six AM...Life is Beautiful...gr eat song by him...Great song for anyday of the week! If anyone is in town around July 24, give me an email and you can go with us!  Metallica is also good anytime, along with Ozzy..Ok..I will stop now...but could go on forever!  OH yes..almost forgot another good Friday band or anyday..would be the Old 97's!  Love their singer!  Ok..thats it for now...