Author Topic: Hi BPO. Been MIA. A little bit long.  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Hi BPO. Been MIA. A little bit long.
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:08:08 am »
It sure has been a while since I've posted about any of the pups and the rest of my family and I thought I should let all our BPO pals know how we are doing.  First off, Aeryk and I have taken in a teenager.  His name is Jeremy and he is 18 years old.  He's come to stay with us as a result of us asking him to once we realized he pretty much didn't have any other options.  He was only a few steps away from slipping through the cracks and perhaps taking a road of hardship from learning the hard way due to absolutely no guidance or support in my opinion.  Of course we have nothing but heart and conviction to offer as well as a sofa.  Though we do know how to support and we are not doing too bad with the guidance part if I do say so myself.  We met him about 8 months ago when he moved into the townhouse with 4 other teenagers across from ours.  Things weren't working out so he left to live with his brother only to come back feeling very scared and alone as and his family didn't help him out either.  Matter of fact, they still don't help.  His mother isn't in his life other than to ask him to help her with a lawsuit against his father for child support and his father is pretty much non existent all together.  We don't badmouth his parents cause we are not there to do that.  We only want him to succeed.  So, we stepped in and gave him a bus pass, a go phone (we expect him to pay us back for that) and two weeks to find gainful employment.  In order to help him succeed we didn't give him a house key until he received a job which meant that when we were out at work he was out looking for work which is a job in our opinion. He found himself a great job working on Rice University Campus in the coffee shop.  He loves it and is more confident at a result. I am really happy with him and more importantly he is happy and very proud.  That is special to us.  Now about the puppies.  Well we are right in the middle of a horrible flea infestation and unfortunately our only option was to give them Comfortis Flea medicine (only after a lot of reading and I thank all of you for your insight and advice when I posted for your comments).  YUCK!!!  We are going to be moving into a 3 bedroom house in June and HURRAY MY BABIES WILL FINALLY HAVE A BACK YARD!!!!!  Gracie and Rosco have never had a back yard and Tonka will be so happy to finally have a yard again.  Jeremy absolutely loves the dogs and has even asked us if he can have one once we move into our house.  ha ha.  NO!!!!!  Well, I basically said that he would have to look up the city ordinance rules to see if more than 4 pets per household is allowed and also to really look at his situation and decide if he is ready for that burden (both financially as well as mentally and physically) of caring for a pet.  He decided very quickly that he wasn't. Whew.....  close one.  Well, here are some shots of all the babies and one of Tonka and Jeremy.  I've missed BPO and see a lot of new furry faces here so I can't wait to get to know all the new BPO'ers.  Hope you all are doing really well.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 01:37:44 pm by Gracie Belle »
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

lorim2

Re: Hi BPO. Been MIA. A little bit long.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:15:06 am »
Hey Misty!  I have missed seeing you guys around here.  The pups look awesome.  I especially like the one of Gracie knitting.  She knits like I do!  haha  Sounds like you guys have been busy.  I am so proud of you for taking that kiddo in.  You arent much older than him I would imagine and its just awesome what you have done. I have two teenagers myself and 18 is a really hard age.  Supposed to be grown up but not sure what to do.  I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the kids that are kind of lost or just need someone to love them.  Good for you guys!!  Anyway will be down in Galveston in a month and half.  You guys should so come see us!  I have an 18yr old too!!  Welcome back..and congrats on the house!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:17:09 am »
Glad things are going well and awesome for you for helping Jeremy out. Sounds like he is getting the guidence that he needs now.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 01:34:58 pm »
Congrats on your new house and your new mover.  I mean congrats to Jeremy for finding a wonderful couple to help him out.  Your pups look great.  Your doing an awesome job with all of them.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience