Author Topic: Ah.... finally?!  (Read 3513 times)

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Ah.... finally?!
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:09:35 pm »
So after years of buying every air spray on earth, I finally heard it.... The long awaited "Ah.. your house smells good"  Yea!!!! That is an accomplishment! I am more excited about this than when I graduated college! Holy Crap! My house doesnt smell like dog!  And the winner is...  oils from Bath and Body Works. You put about 10-20 drops of oil in the oil warmer - light a tea light underneath and hello pineapple! (the scent of choice today) I gotta say, I'm loving this stuff. Of course, after the comment I immediately hit the store and buy about 20 more scents to try! :)  So what do you all use to mask the 'my dog had a bath 42 hours ago and still smells like wet dog' scent?
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Ah.... finally?!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 08:21:49 pm »
So what do you use to clean the air if your significant other can't stand the smell of...well, smells?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:11:34 pm »
I will have to remember this.
I have never used oils or heard of this product but it sounds promising.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:29:16 pm »
So what do you use to clean the air if your significant other can't stand the smell of...well, smells?

"New Car Scent"??
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 12:55:54 am »
I wonder if those oils are safe for birds?

I have the worst time keeping my house smelling even remotely clean. With anywhere from 17-20 dogs, sometimes more, and 11 birds and 9 cats... it smells like animals. And because of the birds I cant use stuff like febreeze, lysol, plug ins, etc.

So I wonder, does anyone who uses these have birds?

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 08:58:31 am »
Wow! I'd never heard about putting the drops in water. I'm going to try that today. Sure would make it last longer. Ive gone through numerous bottles already!  By the way, my new faves are Creamy Nutmeg and Vanilla Coconut.
"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 08:57:44 pm »
right now im using B&BW sea cotton. Oils and wallflowers. I use an electric tart/oil warmer instead of tea lights since my family seems to be a little accident prone and clumsy.
I also like the Tyler candle company stuff, very girlie stuff for my room.
Im gonna have to try the Eucalyptus stuff for my son's room.  WHY do boys smell so bad???
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 09:18:12 pm »
I wonder if those oils are safe for birds?

I have the worst time keeping my house smelling even remotely clean. With anywhere from 17-20 dogs, sometimes more, and 11 birds and 9 cats... it smells like animals. And because of the birds I cant use stuff like febreeze, lysol, plug ins, etc.

So I wonder, does anyone who uses these have birds?

darrin's mom is a fanatic with febreeze and she has two young parakeets and they do fine. i told her that smells and sprays and such can actually kill them, but they are still a tickin. but she also airs out the house everyday regardless of hot or cold too!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 09:24:33 pm »
our house doesn't have a dog smell yet, big yet!, but my parent's does. they use fabric softener sheets ALL around their house. they buy a new box everytime they buy a box for actual laundry. they hide a sheet (for about a week) in baskets, behind the phone, in a drawer of a desk, in the flower thing above the door, in the curtain swag on windows, in the couch, EVERYWHERE you can hide something, one is there! their fave is a lavender scented one. pretty neat huh?! i read it in i think a woman's magazine for a car scent and told them about it and they have used it for about 7 years now!!! we use the fabreeze meadows one in our dresser drawers instead of saches bags.
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 07:06:06 am »
Oooo. I like how we're going all natural with this thread!!! I soooo need to. haha

I use the Febreze odor eliminator. It works well. Smells Good. But it can have a bit of a strong scent.

Who knew Febreeze was bad. I love the smell of it. hahaha Good to know though! I will have to try the essential oils. I love the idea of putting some on a cloth to throw in with the laundry!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 07:13:40 am »
I knew that the plug ins were bad(kinda like smokers, ya know it's bad for you and everyone else but do it any ways!)
Im going to the natural store today to see what EO they have and give that a try.
Oh, and THANK YOU for the tip on dryer sheets,  those things can get really expensive.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 02:25:14 pm »
Also TTO is great for your skin!  I put a little in with my body wash, and face wash, keeps the skin nice and clear!
My Sponsership page for my very first race!