Author Topic: Miles had his 10 month old checkup yesterday!  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Miles had his 10 month old checkup yesterday!
« on: May 03, 2008, 05:39:36 pm »
And he's a healthy boy.

I had to take him in for his heartworm test (which was negative). I've had him on heartworm since he was just a little baby, so I would've had a heart attack if it was positive.

He weighs 103 pounds :o We saw the vet today that told me he was only going to be about 90-100 pounds full grown. He said..."man, was I mistaken. He really shot up." He's thinking he's now going to be on the larger end of pyrs. Probably a good 140 pounds at least. :o After that, I am seriously thinking of getting an SUV. hahaha No joke.

I also had them clip his nails since I can never get more than one clipped each time I do it. They had to have 3 people help but they got the job done! Yay! 21 dollars later.....holy cow, I about had a heart attack when I saw how much they charged for nails. But he did need them done, so oh well.

He was so well behaved (for the most part)...but the biggest baby while we were there. He was still good though so after we went to the pet store and got a bone and a beef stick.

Just wanted to let you know how great he's doing. What a difference between 10 weeks and 10 months! 10 weeks old he's at the E-vet and 10 months he's as healthy as can be. ;D
Happy Boy-With the one stuffed animal still surviving in this house.(Taken yesterday)

Clean Boy at the dog park.

The brownest white dog ever. (at the dog park last week)

*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Mama2Samson

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Miles had his 10 month old checkup yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:57:47 am »
Hi Pyr Heaven,

This is only my second day on the Big Paws chat site.  I've been reading the posts for a couple of months but haven't registered.  Since I am getting our puppy on Friday, I thought that I should take the plunge and sign myself in.  Anyway, I noticed that you live in Wisconsin.  Our puppy is coming from Hope, Wisconsin on Friday.  Dig you get Miles locally?  Anyway, we are also getting a male at my son's ardent request.  I haven't had a male Great Pyr since I was a teenager.  I have had two females in between.  Since Miles is eight months ahead of our little guy, I will be looking to you for advice as we go through each stage.  Miles is such a cutie and already very big. BTW, it must be a Pyr thing to hate getting nails cut.  That is my least favorite thing to do with a Pyr, and I ultimately turned the job over to my vet when I could afford to do so.

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:42:57 pm »
AW! well, he is one stunning boy! and BIG! way to go  :D
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Mama2Samson

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 11:19:34 pm »
Samantha,

Now I am really scared!  I know that the next couple of months are going to be challenging to say the least.  I only vaguely remember having a puppy the last time, but I do remember telling my mom it was like having a baby.  Any time she got quiet, I knew she was sneaking off to find something to chew!  Thank goodness God makes Pyr puppies so incredibly cute and sweet!  Oh, and I got my first puppy present--a black faced sheep!  Every Pyr needs sheep to guard, and now Samson will have his first. ;)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:56:40 am »
Samantha,
I'll have to take a picture......

Ooooo!! Please do! Please do! I havent seen any recent pics of Tobey lately!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:19:23 am »
Miles looks fantastic! What a big, healthy boy you have there!

I'm surprised that your vet charges to clip nails, when we go in, they just do it for me--I didn't realize how lucky I am. Jenny absolutely hates her dew claws trimmed--everything else she is semi-okay with, but the second I touch the dew claws, then look out--she kicks that foot out like a horse!  ::)
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven