Author Topic: Warning perhaps a little graphic...but what do i do boy issue  (Read 6462 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Today i went to let titan out of the truck and i saw his woo hoo completely out of the sheath...I don't know why, and it wouldn't go back in.  It took about 20 min before it would go back in again.  I was / am concerned because he tried to lie down and couldn't, sit and couldn't, he tryed a lot of things.  Why did it come all the way out??? I don't get it..perhaps he has now realized he has it? Please let me know...this is my first male dog...

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Warning perhaps a little graphic...but what do i do boy issue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:53:39 pm »
sorry...my concern is that it was dragging on the ground, and getting dirty as all...since we were in the woods....any suggestions or help? infection possible? Just concerned he isn't in trouble...

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:56:37 pm »
if its not going back in, you actually may need to help it. by applying some lube to it. I know its gross. but some dogs can actually not have enough to get it to go back in. Zero's pops out when he sits on his bum fully, its just his positioning that makes it pop out, but he oozes with smegma (that green stuff that comes out) all the time, so it just pops right back in. Make sure its not too dry, and if it is, give him a little lube and it will pop in in no time. If you are worried, see the vet ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 05:58:57 pm »
hahahaha!! I can totally relate. I distinctly remember the first time I saw my Australian Shepherd "fully exposed". He was about a year old and all I could think was, "OMG it's so HUGE!!" I had no idea!

I think he's fine. He probably just got...excited. ..about something.  When they become engorged to mate, it takes quite a while for them to go back to normal and I do remember Rocko's 5th leg was out for quite a while too.

Relax, laugh about it, and try not to let it scar your memory!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 05:59:38 pm »
it looked like it was drying out...gross... lol...i just didn't know what to do, but now i guess that works out. I did work with a breeder, and i remember after breeding she put the males in a crate to "rest" and get back to normal again.  It was just the dirt and stuff attached to it that i was concerned with...but i will now have lube around just incase....(lol as my parents come over and see it on the counter...lol. ..i can only imagine what they would think!)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 06:00:09 pm »
if its not going back in, you actually may need to help it. by applying some lube to it.

EWWWW! Seriously? That's going above and beyond. He can lick his own butt - let him lube his own weiner!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 06:01:33 pm »
LOL.....it was huge and i did look and was amazed how big..lol...typ ical female i guess...lol... ...it was so gross though.....whi te, purple...enoug h details sorry....

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:04:13 pm »
OMG, I came back to read the post and you ladies have me LOL
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 06:50:52 pm »
SO FUNNY!!!
Kana's "lipstick" comes out in full at the most random moments!  Thankfully his "red rocket" goes back in quickly and without lube...EEEWWWW WW~~~~~~~~~~~~ ;D
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 07:02:59 pm »
the issue mainly was that the whole bulbus glandis was out....so he tried to pee and he did...(straighter than normal state) and i felt kinda bad....because if they are sensitive like humans then i would feel horrible with dirt on it!!!

Offline mastiffmomoftwo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:17 pm »
ROFLMAO!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Chris

(Beau & Luke's Mom)

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 08:58:32 pm »
Can we at least use the proper term if we are going to discuss the male dog genetalia...

The Pink Crayola  or in latin the Crayolis Rubia
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 09:06:49 pm »
I don't even know what to say right now, except that I thought the proper scientific term was the "winkie".
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

chaosndestruction

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 09:14:16 pm »
Nothing to add except I thought it was supposed to be called a Tally Whacker (I know some of you have seen the movie i'm referring too.)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:43 pm »
ROFLMAO

One of our show dogs here has the horrible tendancy to breed... the air. No girls are in season or anything else and all of a sudden he will just start staring off into space, fake "mount" the air, and start going to town. Then he will quite litteraly "Tie" the air, and remain in this locked position with the most god awful embarrased expression on his face for a good 20-30 minutes.

He does this maybe a couple times a month and its ALWAYS!!!!! at the worst time, IE I have someone over with kids or someone looking to adopt an animal etc. I remember the first impression after "What the heck is he doing" is OMG HES HUGE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!! One woman actually said "Honey he's bigger then you" to her husband, VERY LOUDLY in full ear shot of the family, I DIED laughing.

The first time he did it I was carrying a load of laundry and tripped right over him as he was "locked" still and didnt get out of my way, even after I went head over heals over his back.

I've learned two tips with this: 1) Ice water does wonders (not a TON of water but if you rub an ice cube around in your hand or soak a washcloth in cold water and wrap it around his..lipstick. They will suck it up faster then you can say "uncle". 2) if you see the knot (the big bulby part that extends at the base of the sheath that looks like a baseball) understand that until that goes away... he isn't going back in. Just don't invite the neighbors over LMAO

Also... if you think THATS bad, try a horse. You would not BELIEVE the ammount of crap you clean out of a horse's sheath ...sticks, leaves, grass etc. IT FRIGGIN DRAGS THE GROUND!!!!  ::) :o

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters