Author Topic: Back to the vet, Bubba has an infection... Update  (Read 4752 times)

Lyn

Back to the vet, Bubba has an infection... Update
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:48:48 am »
Bubba was neutered over a month ago.. April 2nd. Now the incision is infected. ??? I checked it last week and I could see the scar line and everything looked healed.. now it's oozing and red.. WTH? It's been a freaking month!! There is a lump under the incision, they said it was just scar tissue, well apparently it's a puss pocket.  >:( So poor Bubba has probably been infected all this time..  >:(

I have an appointment today at 5:15pm. Hopefully my hubby is home from work by then or I have no way of getting him there. >:( I'm soooo mad.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:59:39 am by Lyn »

Icerotti

Re: Back to the vet, Bubba has an infection...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:13:10 am »
Poor Bubba..thats not a nice thing to have. I am sure a few weeks of antibiotics will clear that up. Good Luck Bubba  :-*

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:45:48 am »
I'm just mad because I called about the lump 2 weeks ago but was shrugged off by the tech, it's scar tissue.. it's bruising.. blah blah blah. I should have got her name so I could bitch slap her. LOL

It started out in 3 spots where the stitches were. So it seems that as soon as his stitches dissolved, it started draining and the lump is gone now.

I took a pic to email the clinic but I'll refrain from posting it. LOL

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 10:00:42 am »
I arranged a ride in case hubby isn't home. I'll have to stuff Bubba into a Grand Am.. LOL But he'll get there.

I'm crossing my fingers hubby is home though. I need help with Bubba. He's great on leash normally.. at the vet's though he's horrible. He doesn't get to see other dogs that often so when he does he gets so excited and drags me all over. It's embarrassing not to mention dangerous since not all dogs appreciate his attempts to play. I'd put the gentle leader on him but he shuts down when he's wearing it and won't move. :-\

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:14:48 am »
Its ok...we took Titan to get his stiches removed and she forgot 2! And let me tell you come h*ll or high water I was not bringing him back in there it was TOURTURE! So i did it my self with a Giant BAG of treats and some scissors and tweezers we sucessfully removed the stichtes!!  ;D
I hope he doing better soon...dont worry dogs rebound very quickly he will be back up and pouncing around in no time!
BIG slobbery kisses to Bubba

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 10:21:25 am »
Thats so funny about the leader.  We tried a halti on Marley and he did the exact same thing.  We layed down in the middle of the store and wouldnt move for anything.  He was right in front of the registers so we like drug him out of the way and then took it off.  Hope Bubba feels better soon ;)

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 09:59:20 am »
We decided to leave early so we could go to Timmy's for coffee and stop at the pet store since I needed to get dog food.

At Timmy's hubby rolled down Bubba's window so he could get plain timbits from the girls working. We ended up with pieces of timbit and drool running down the window and the truck all the way to the pavement. All I hear is hubby say Oh Bubba. The wind then dried it to a lovely crust. LMAO

At the pet store hubby kept Bubba up by the checkout while I grabbed food. They had bags of kitty litter on a skid which Bubba slobbered all over. The owner comes over to see Bubba and leaned on the bags and yup she had drool on her arm and down her shirt. :D She packed him full of treats and then it was off to the vet.

So we get to the clinic and it's packed! Great.. LOL So hubby stayed in the truck with Bubba while I waited in the waiting area. They were behind with appointments so we didn't get called in until 6:15pm.

Hubby brings Bubba in the side entrance hoping to avoid the other dogs.. instead we run into a little lab mix girl, Bubba immediately goes into the play bow.. then she play bows and Bubba got all excited because omg she wanted to play with him. LOL He just about knocked over a wooden shelf with shampoos and conditioners on it. Hubby managed to detour Bubba to the room while he bounced and whined all the way.

Then he saw the vet and tried to hide behind the chair I was sitting on. This is the same vet that did the neuter. Needless to say Bubba remembered. :D We put him in a down/stay and the vet checked his incision. And go figure the incision had closed and the puss pocket was gone. LMAO  So we left with an enourmous cone and no antibiotics the vet didn't think he needed any. :-\ I'm to use the cone if necessary and call if it the incision opens up again.

After we got home it took us an hour to clean all the slobber and hair out of the truck.. Hubby was so impressed. :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:00:30 am by Lyn »

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Back to the vet, Bubba has an infection... Update
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 10:16:51 am »
Well AFTER all that!! So glad he's doing better and without any infections...w ay to heal up Bubba!
 :D  :-*

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 10:41:41 am »
i am soo glad that he is ok...but isnt that always the way? You have an issue at home, pus, blood, vomiting, so on...then you go to the vet and they are fine.... Such a pain, titan did that to us...many times!!!

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 10:44:31 am »
well, phew! All that effort for nothing ( but peace of mind) is way better than having it actually be for something!  :) go you, bubba <3 don't scare your parents like that again!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 12:56:18 pm »
True. I'm glad it was checked.. for peace of mind if nothing else. I'm sure hubby would say differently. LOL

There can be hair in the bed, in his morning coffee or on his dinner plate and he could care less. BUT when it comes to the truck, he hates it when he has to pick their hair out of the carpeting. Doesn't help that our truck has black carpet. :D Plus Bubba drools like a running faucet because he's so excited. The passenger side door pocket had a good half inch of drool in it. Yummy! :D

Lyn

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 06:16:51 am »
We do cover the carpet with blankets but Bubba usually ends up bunching them up in a ball. hahahah We just need a better vacuum. ;)