Author Topic: need advice again, long again,but the help has been great!  (Read 971 times)

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
So I have been pretty diligent in my work to help brooklily with her aggression problem. I have taken alot of the wonderful advice from BPO and it has been very helpful. Brooklily and i even went to see a behaviorist at Angell Memorial. ( of course everyone I know made fun of me relentlessly about bring Brooklily to a psychatrist  lol) I will see if i can scan her reportcard and post it later. Its just that it was over 200 dollars and i cant keep going back every week. So here is my question. In the past week my friend rented a room to a man who has a really friendly newfie. Im like great , i will bring miss Brooklily over to meet him. The behaviorist said big dogs only , cause she plays ROUGH. I made sure i was relaxed. i got out of the car first, gave the dog some love, showed Brooklily he meant me no harm, then brought her out.  It wasnt the usual immediate pounce. She sniffed for like 20 seconds ...then went after him. i was so sad cause i know she would really enjoy playing with this dog. He is very silly like her and def big enough to play hard.  I made her go on a walk with him despite her initial reaction. Was this a good idea? she stayed very focused on him the whole walk. ( pretty hard for this a.d.d. girl lol) We didnt let them get close enough again to get hurt, just walked near eachother. The guy was very cool and helpful. No worries and is willing to let brooklily walk with him more. Should i keep bringing her to walk with him ? will this be helpful for her learning or counter productive? Will this help her to change or am i just antagonizing the situation?  At this point I would say she is about 70/30.  with her being friendly to about 70 percent of the dogs I introduce her to.She has made some great dog friends :)But it is not safe for the dogs she doesnt like or for her. i need to keep working on this. Still not good at passing by dogs on walks though, that is where she is most challenged. (getting better though) Sorry so long .
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix