Author Topic: My poor Ellie - We are going back to the vet today! *UPDATED*  (Read 3780 times)

EllieAndBlu

Hi Y'all!

My girl is headed back to the vet today... I noticed a growth on her neck last week. I thought it was a scab until I got a closer look... and it is rough and red.... and I think its bigger today than last week... but that could just be me and my craziness.

As for her liver disease... her biggest issue at the moment (other than drinking lots of water and peeing a lot) is her inconsistent eating. She is getting thin and it is freaking me out...  I will ask the vet about it today.

That is it for now.... will post an update after the vet appointment.

Thanks for listening.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:11:20 pm by Auntie EllieAndBlu »

angelsmama

Re: My poor Ellie - We are going back to the vet today!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 12:10:46 pm »
aww ihope it's nothing and she gets to feeling better soon... give her kisses for me

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 12:26:56 pm »
Poor little girl :'( Rachel, I really hope it's nothing serious to worry about! Good luck at the vet :-* :-* :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:24:58 pm »
Poor Ellie.... hope all goes well today at the vet!
And the eating picks up...its very frustrating when they dont eat...  :-\
We will be thinking of her today and hope for a speady recovery....Ti tan said to give her big hugs and kisses  ;)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:47 pm »
Well the doc looked at Ellie's growth and said ".....hhhhmmmmm m" - which naturally freaked me out a little. Then she aspirated it and examined the cells under a microscope.... she gave it a fancy name which translates to benign growth. She said it will probably go away on its own. What a relief!

As for the eating - which seriously, is stressing me out - in a big way..... the vet is not too concerned with the weight loss - and basically feels it is all related to Ellie's liver issues... the vet doesn't think Ellie is too thin or dehydrated at all... so now we are hoping the 2 liver-related supplements i am starting her on to, as the vet said, "get the juices flowing" will help with her liver and appetite.

After Ellie and I got home from the vet, I whipped her up a meal of ground meat and rice... and well, she ate like a champ, and so far - no vomitting!

Things just may me starting to look up around here!

Thanks again for listening y'all and the support! BPO'ers are the bet - EVER!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: My poor Ellie - We are going back to the vet today! *UPDATED*
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 05:36:41 pm »
I hope that the supplements work for her and her appetite comes back!  I'm glad the growth is benign!!  Here's hoping for continued improvement!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 05:47:21 pm »
Yahhh for Ellie! Glad she is A ok!
Hopefully once things start rolling she will be back to her normal self!  ;) ;)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:16:55 pm »
Wow! That's great news! It's always nice to hear things like that when you have a million and one thoughts going through your head! So glas she's eating! She was probably thinking, "Man, I better eat this or mom is going to think something is wrong with me and take me back to the vet again." hahaha Good girl Ellie :-* Eat up little lady.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees