Author Topic: Juat an Update- I have been busy  (Read 1128 times)

bigdogs@5501

Juat an Update- I have been busy
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:19:39 pm »
I cant seem to find much time for the computer lately, but wanted to give everyone an update. I spoke to Dawn last week and Corbyn is still dealing with the challenges of three legs and poor Petye is now acting out for attention and not going out to potty like he is suppose to when he is suppose to, the boys are still missing each other and still cry out for each other when they are seperated from being able to see each other, Poor Dawn, I think that she is running herself ragged. Last I heard, devil vet still has not taken care of the bill.
Personally I have been busy with the dog rescue- I have a 4 month old baby I drove to Arkansas to get out of a shelter- she is a pistol and all pyrenees baby, then I have a 7 week old little boy that has been at the vets office for the last 2 days on an IV. I got him from a not so good sitution. I am sure that the other family would have let him die, he had giardia and coccidiae.
I adopted out one of my all time favorite Pyrenees, Riley, boy was that hard, I really really loved that dog and it was so hard to say good bye, he is with a wonderful family in New Mexico, but will actually be moving to my town in another 3 years. I had gotten extremely close with Riley. The day that the family left for New Mexico, ( I kept him here while they were in town) I held him for the last time and drove to work crying. I was beginning to wonder if I should even be doing rescue- sometimes it hurts so much to say goodbye.

I have also caught the wrath of a local Pyrenees rescue group. I am not sure what is up with some rescue groups but you would think that there were not enough Pyrenees to rescue. I have been accused of a lot of evil things by that group. So I spent the day dealing with that issue.

Rescues should work with each other, not against each other- not the case in this area it seems, I have even offered to meet with the leaders of the group and I buy the coffee so that we could maybe get to know each other and work together, I have yet to have my offer accepted. There is always an excuse, so I suppose that a working relationship with that group wont ever be a reality. What a shame.

I still have Izzy and her bowel problem and no end in site to a cure, and I have an Anatolian Shepherd ( he was suppose to have been a pyrenees ha ha ha) Who we are treatig for Sarcop and will have HW treatment next week.

I spend most of my evenings taking care of the dogs and feeding and cleaning- but its really all worth it or at least I feel that it is- especially when I get the kisses.

I have missed BPO and hope to be able to get on more in the near future, fingers crossed. I am so happy that Nicole had the baby and all went well and that baby Sabine is growing up and is also doing well.

Also thank you to everyone who contributed to Dawn- it is greatly appreciated and I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to even say thank you- Please accept my apologies.

Paige

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Juat an Update- I have been busy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:04:20 pm »
Good Job, Good Job, Good Job!!!!

That other group is probably just annoyed that you're getting some of the Pyr's, but like you said, it shouldn't matter as long as they are getting out of the shelter.

Never doubt what you're doing!!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix