Author Topic: collar preferences?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
collar preferences?
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:45:05 pm »
Bear came home from the hospital without his collar.   :-\  He's had the same kind since we adopted him - came with it, actually.  Nakita has the same collar so I have an example to describe but I apologize for the limited language -- I'm still exhausted from the weekend. 

Okay - the collar.  It's nylon and has a black slip-through buckle kind of thing.  It doesn't have a clasp or latch and goes on/off over the head (but it doesn't stretch).  It's adjustable and it kind of has a hand-hold place near the one big ring for tags and attaching the leash. 

Anybody know the name of this collar?  I guess I can call the SPCA where we got them... Or do you have a favorite that works for your big dog?
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Offline +four+leaf+clover+

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: collar preferences?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:02:24 pm »
I just use a standard leather, buckle-up collar.  I considered replacing my old dog's one a while back when he turned 11 (he has had it all that time) but decided that it has, with the years, kind of molded to the shape of his body and would be far more comfy (if not attractive) for him.  I like how the leather collars do that, the edges sort of fold towards each other.  My cat's is like that too, and I don't have the heart to give her a stiff new one!

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: collar preferences?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 07:31:28 am »
That's exactly what it is.  Thanks!  :-)
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)