Author Topic: can tea hurt peyton?  (Read 3293 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
can tea hurt peyton?
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:44:41 pm »
peyton just got into the trash and before i could stop her she took out an already steeped tea bag. it was a caffinated tea. the bag ripped open when i took it out of her mouth and since it's tea, it crumbled everywhere all over her tongue! will she be okay?
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: can tea hurt peyton?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:48:24 pm »
Naja did the same thing a while back with multiple tea bags, she was fine.  I had one heck of a mess to clean up though.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:04:38 pm »
Grace does that...and gets coffee grounds.  after a case of the zoomies and a long nap, she's fine.  She always has a ton of energy, so it's nothing i'm not used to.  I take her for a walk and burn some energy off and things are great again. 
I doubt it's the caffiene that gives her the extra energy to tell you the truth. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:06:12 pm by Lin »

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:37:34 pm »
Grace does that...and gets coffee grounds.  after a case of the zoomies and a long nap, she's fine.  She always has a ton of energy, so it's nothing i'm not used to.  I take her for a walk and burn some energy off and things are great again. 
I doubt it's the caffiene that gives her the extra energy to tell you the truth. 

hahaha I dont mean to reply out of post, but.... Isnt Grace also the beauty who finds and loves fast food trash too? She should get a job for the airlines sniffing out forbidden food on international flights .
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:54:41 am »
yep.  Grace has a super sniffer.

How is Peyton today?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:55:08 am by Lin »

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:59:06 pm »

How is Peyton today?
[/quote]

she is good. she kinda threw up about 20 mins after. but it was more of the tea being stuck to her tongue than the actual effects of the tea. she drank water after wards, so i would have thought that the tea would have gone down, but there was still some crumbles left and STUCK to her tongue. she kept wiping her paw IN her mouth and kept trying to hack. i had to actually take a paper towl and help her and after she drank some water, she was fine and still is. so again, thanks for all your help with her!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.