Author Topic: Dog I might Adopt :D :D  (Read 4394 times)

Offline savannah825

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Dog I might Adopt :D :D
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:09:39 am »
hey everyone :)
a couple days my parents and i were informed that  a friend of ours, Joanne Emmet, had found a poor starved mastiff mix. She was hoem sick one day, and when she went outside to feed her chickens she thought she saw a huge bear, the ugliest she had seen, walking around the outskirts of her yard. She quickly got into her car along with her dog, and drove over to it to get a better look..Well low and behold, the ugly bear ended up being a starved almost hairless mastiff. She kept him for a few days, and all he did was eat and sleep. She took him to the local animal refuge and he has been there since April 18th. They have taken him to the vet, and mostly been fattening him up :). The vet said he must have been out there for a while, and that he should be about 100-120lb when he is healthy..when Joanne found him he weighed a mere 64lbs :(
Joanne has been visiting and working with him every tuesday since she took him to the shelter. Besides being starved, Bodie has also been beat. Joanne says that whenever you raise your hand above him or when you are walkgin and tryign to move him to your other side, he falls down on his back and shudders..the poor boy..and despite everythign he has been through he is still very loving to everyone and just a joy to be around..he is actually starting to play now as well.
He is only about a year and a half old, and he is great with other dogs. And he is very loving everyone..He is putting on weight fabulously and will be neutured once he is strong enough to handle anesthesia.
And another plus is that if he works out well, and is good with cats and such, we'll probably adopt him :D..so I can't wait to go meet him this coming Tuesday!!
oh and the picture that I've included is a few days after Joanne had found Bodie. Oh and as you probably notice is that he has tiny ears...well the *bleep* that used to own him gave him ahome crop job, so his ears are tiny and one is a little smaller than the other :-[

lorim2

Re: Dog I might Adopt :D :D
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:37:48 am »
I would love to hurt the person that had this poor boy.  He is going to be incredible looking when he puts on more weight...I hope you do get him.  Give him a big kiss from us when you meet him on tuesday

Offline savannah825

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Dog I might Adopt :D :D
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:06:19 pm »
Well, I actually might be able to see him tomorrow! i have to call the shelter first though :)
anyways. if you guys have a little extra money on hand it would be wonderful if you could donate to our local shelter. i know that you should help dogs in your area first, but even a few dollars coudl help if you are interested :)here is the site:
http://colvillepetrefuge.com/donate.htm
you can donate to the shelter, or you can specifically donate to a certain dog.
and if i do visit tomorrow or tuesday, whicever, i'll be sure to bring my camera and take a couple new pictures of him, so you guys can see the great progress he is making :)