Author Topic: We're going camping!!! =D  (Read 6325 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
We're going camping!!! =D
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:41:20 am »
For the first time eer with the pups.  Don't worry the camera, and extra battery and an extra memory card are already in my pocket!  But I need to know if anybody has any suggestions as to what else I should be doing/bringing.  We're going to a family camp ground on a lake, so because Naja can't be trusted off leash I was thinking about getting like 50' of bright yellow floating line in case she wants to try her luck at swimming.  Do you guys think that's a good idea, or is that just asking for more trouble then what it's worth?  Both dogs will be sleeping in the tent with us (it's a big 2 room/8 person dome tent), and I've got a good sealed container for their foods.  Sooo...Anyone else have any suggestions?   ??? :D :D :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: We're going camping!!! =D
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 12:14:29 pm »
I wish I were you right now!!  Have a blast and I cant wait to see the pic's.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:45:24 pm »
Don't forget to pack emergency medical supplies! You never know when a bee sting or a nasty cut can happen. Hope they take up un-necessary space, but better safe than sorry:)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 07:53:06 pm »
Definitely take some benadryl and first aid stuff.  Michael took Cinder camping and she ate a wasp or a hornet and her face swelled up.  Luckily, he had some benadryl with him and by the time he got home she was fine.  My only other advice is to take lots of pics for all of us.  Have fun.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:29 am »
I'm not sure what kind of campground you're going to, but the ones here in CA require that the dogs stay on leash at all times.  I recommend investing in a Tree Trolly, which goes around a tree and hooks to a long-line so that the dogs don't get wound around the tree, but can tethered for their safety.  We're going to get two for teh dogs for our trip this summer, that way I don't have to constantly be dragged around the campsite by them!!

http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=6509

Jenn
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 06:42:28 am »
Well I don't think I could add any more. Other than a tie out lead they can't chew through. Rosie will chew through a tie out cloth/leather lead in about 1 min  ::) and then take off.
Have Fun and I can't wait for the pictures!!!!