Author Topic: Lorim2, did this happen at your son's school?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
Lorim2, did this happen at your son's school?
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:09:23 pm »
Company to reprint yearbooks after head switching

McKINNEY, Texas - School officials say they are appalled by altered photos — including heads on different bodies — in hundreds of McKinney High School yearbooks delivered this week.

Besides the head and body switching, some necks were stretched, one girl's arm was missing, and another girl's head was placed on what appeared to be a nude body, with the chest blurred.

A spokeswoman for Minnesota-based Lifetouch National School Studios Inc. said the alterations were "an unfortunate lapse in judgment" by an employee but didn't believe it was malicious.

The high school had required Lifetouch to make heads the same size and eyes at the same level in all student photos, company spokeswoman Sara Thurin Rollin said Saturday. The request was "unusual and definitely very particular, but that's not to suggest what happened here is acceptable," she said.

Rollin declined to say if the company fired or reprimanded the employee who altered the images. She said Lifetouch is taking full responsibility for the altered pictures, about 30 in all, and will pay to have the publication reprinted before the seniors graduate.

Lori Oglesbee, the school's yearbook adviser at McKinney High School, said the yearbook staff would spend the weekend rebuilding the yearbook.

McKinney is about 20 miles north of Dallas.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Lorim2, did this happen at your son's school?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:40:13 pm »
I thought of you tonight too when I saw this on the news.
How crazy?!!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 05:16:17 am »
I just read the article on the roadrunner homepage and was wondering if it effected anyone on the board, the article caught my eye because lifetouch does our yearbook also.

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 06:01:17 am »
Hahaha...Glad to see Mckinney in the news AGAIN!  We always get the best publicity...Fo rtunately this time its MHS.  I actually was at Mckinney North HS, which if you guys read alot, we were in the nat'l news about 2 yrs ago with the big cheerleader scandal.  I have to admit though, being a huge fan of Photoshop CS3, I would love to see the pics!!

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:50:07 pm »
I just thought this was a MSP thing.  It has been all over the local news the last few days. Obviousley I was not paying that good of attention.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet