Author Topic: Question on Hip Dysplasia?  (Read 2375 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Question on Hip Dysplasia?
« on: May 20, 2008, 11:10:21 am »
The breeder of our two springers called me this morning and told me that she went to get her male's hips certified and he came back with a very mild case of hip dysplasia!

He is litter mate to Baxter our 2 year old springer and from the same breeding of our 3 month old Buble!  Baxter has had his hips checked since we have been taking him to the vet and everything has been checking out fine. 

We have not had them certified though. Should we? Is that the best way of finding out if he has it? 

He is nuetered so I was never going to breed him but because his full brother has it I worry about him.  Also Buble is from the very same breeding.  When can I have his hips checked?  I was told I could do a preliminary  test but it was 100% accurate!

Also should I show him or even think about doing anything with him since now it is in his line? Both parents, grandparents, and great grandparents all came out prefect with thier hips on mother and father's side. 

Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Hip Dysplasia?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:56:32 am »
Buble is 15 weeks old.  We were really just planning on showing him but I know the breeder had asked us if he finished and became a champion she would be interested in breeding back to him one day. 

But can I even show him with me knowing that basically his brother has a mild case of it. 

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Hip Dysplasia?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:53:05 pm »
can something like this just show up in a line?