Author Topic: question on longhaired chihuahua  (Read 3852 times)

Offline kymsdarkrose

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
question on longhaired chihuahua
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:16 am »
my mother is dialious and has to be around a dog that does not shead alot. I have a long haired chihuahua. She has been with me sence she was a puppy. I have never seen her hair any where. is this one of the dogs that  is considered a hyperalgenic dog? thank you

EllieAndBlu

Re: question on longhaired chihuahua
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:05:51 am »
My roommate has three long-hair chihuahuas and they hardly shed at all...  but then again when you compare them to my roomie's yellow lab, who sheds when you just look at her, who can really tell. :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: question on longhaired chihuahua
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:37:28 am »
yup I have to agree that the chi is not one of the breeds considered hypo allergenic.  Many curly coated breeds as well as single coated breeds tend to be better for those with allergies.

If you are looking at a small dog that may not bother your mother I agree the poodle is a good choice. Others would be the:
maltese
bichon
chinese crested
american hairless terrier
schnauzer
bolognese
coton de tulear

I think there are a couple others but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.  There are also some mid to larger sized dogs too.  But if your chi doesn't bother your mother, she may be able to get away with getting one of those.