Author Topic: Frida & Lucca have a new baby brother! -sorry, long...  (Read 5697 times)

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
Frida & Lucca have a new baby brother! -sorry, long...
« on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:22 pm »
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I knew I eventually wanted another dog, but I was swearing that it would be a Great Dane... but then good dog food prices are going through the roof, so I started reconsidering. .. and started just looking to see what was out there... decided I probably would like a shiba inu :D but there aren't many here in Colorado, much less Denver... and kept looking around just for fun... and found this little guy and had to get him!!!! He is just so cute!! I just hope I'm not turning into the crazy single cat lady... only with dogs... and just 23yo..
So I now have 2 chihuahuas and a St. Bernard.. I never thought I'd get another Chihuahua... Anyways, his name is Manolo  ;D Lucca LOVES him, but most of the time does not realize there's a substantial size difference and can be a little rough. Frida is being mostly indifferent... She has no maternal instincts... am I crazy? Is three dogs and one cat too much for a single person? I'm starting to get nervous, and thinking I'm not done babying Lucca... but then I see Manolo and realize I can baby them all! and Frida and I will always have a special bond because she was my first dog -all of my own. And Lucca is my first giant breed... and I kind of have convinced myself that having one chihuahua can easily turn into having two no problem!

sigh~ anyhow, some picts  :P

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:44:19 pm by Rosalba »
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
Re: Frida & Lucca have a new baby brother! -sorry, long...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:41:14 pm »
Awwww chihuahuas are like potato chips, you can't have just one :)  I'm 24 (soon to be 25) and have 3 chihuahuas :)  So you are not alone and most certainly not crazy.

Manolo is adorable!  And the name is fab!  I'm assuming Manolo as in Manolo Blahnik?

Partly, yes! I do adore shoes :D but I also like the name a lot... I remember a tv add from when I was little, and the boy in it was named Manolo -I've liked how the name sounds since then... and then Blahnik made it double awesome for me :) Kind of like with Frida -I like the name, but would not name a child that... that's how I name dogs!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 08:15:43 pm »
Congrats on your new baby.  He's a cutie.  I gotta say I didn't have a clue about Manolo Blahnik.  Never heard of him.  (Some girl I turned out to be)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:28:11 pm »
I might have to do that.  Or just go watch the movie when it comes out.   :)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 08:56:23 pm »
Awwwe, what a cutie!

I too had no idea about Manolo until you mentioned Blahnik....... ...and even then it only sounded familiar...... .....lol.