Author Topic: Pyrenees  (Read 10026 times)

Offline pyrenees

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Pyrenees
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:45:27 pm »
I had him for 10 short years. It has been so difficult without him. We miss him terribly. He brought everyone he met so much joy. Thought I would share his picture so that some of you would smile too.

lorim2

Re: Pyrenees
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 11:11:35 pm »
What a beautiful baby.  That pic most def brought a smile and a tear...Thank you so much for sharing. I am so sorry for your loss

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 06:39:23 am »
He was absolutely gorgeous. Such a sweet and beautiful face. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Michelle Schnapp

• Gnawer
  • Noah and Jazzy. Jazzy is a rescue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:42:36 pm »
I can't begin to tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your loss of Cosmos.  What a shame!  I've lost dogs over the years and it never gets any easier.  Your heart just breaks.  I hope that soon, when you think of Cosmos, your tears will turn to smiles remembering all the joy he brought you.  He was a handsome boy!

Michelle Schnapp
Toledo, OH
I'm a first-time Great Pyrenees owner. Noah was purchased from a Breeder in Northern Wisconsin when he was 8 wks old. Jasmine was purchased from Indianapolis Great Pyr Rescue at 8 mos. We took Noah with us and he personally picked out Jasmine. It was love at first sight and remains that way to this.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 04:07:03 am »
Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful face.

Offline Cave2PyrPressure

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:48 am »

I'm so sorry, what a gorgeous guy.... :'(

Kelli
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:42:58 pm by Cave2PyrPressure »
~Kelli - Colin, Molly and Patrick's birth mother
Breezely Greatest Pyr 2.5
Sullivan, Pyr foster failure 1.5
Cassidy Beautiful Border Collie 14
Gomez the Wonder Chihuahua 2
George the Fat Cat 6

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 01:04:52 am »
Ohhhh, what a beautiful boy and such a sweet, sweet face.  I can easily see how he would bring joy to so many!   :-* 

It is so very hard when we lose them, but as hard is it is, and as much as I never think that I can go through that loss again, here I am with 3 sweet pups asleep beside me now.  They add so much to our lives and they leave such a hole when they leave, but we just miss that love so much that we are willing to risk our hearts again someday.

I found BPO not long after we lost our Halley to bone cancer at 3 y/o and I was a wreck.  Somehow being around other people who loved the dogs like I love mine, helped to heal the hurt.  I hope that you stay on BPO and when you are ready I'm sure that a new furry friend will find you and make you smile again.  Take care of yourself & let us know if we can help.  ((hugs))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline pyrenees

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 08:30:38 am »
Thank You so much for all the kind replies. It really made me feel good. I cant get over how challenging it has been without him. I know he was my baby and I loved him more than any other pet.
I read a quote yesterday that I really want to keep site of. It said Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.
That is what I try to focus on. Maybe it could help others.
Well thanks again everyone!!!
Have a great one!

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:38:30 am »
Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.

Beautiful words!

I hope you stay with us. And when you feel the time is right, it would be so wonderful if you could share stories of your Big Boy Cosmos. There must be many. Although his eyes tell SO much - it would be nice to hear your words.  :-*

Jane

Offline pyrenees

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 08:52:03 am »
You know Jane..... when I read your reply I remembered what my mom used to say to me about Cosmo.
She would tell me that he looks at me with pure love in his eyes. My fiance would say He sees nobody but you. He doesnt even know I exist. But he loved everyone. It was just a special once in a lifetime connection I guess.
My big baby... Oh my
I have had so much loss. I really try to focus on how fortunate I was to of had such beautiful love in my life and keep going.
Thanks for the support.

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 03:07:25 pm »
What a regal man! Try to remember the good times. Funny how dogs can have such a great impact on our lives and how Pyrs seem to brighten the days of all they are around. I know you will miss him greatly and hope you find some comfort in knowing you gave him a fantastic, long, and fufilling life.

Best wishes and prayers

-Olivers Momma

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 09:43:54 am »
Im so sorry for you loss!  He was a beautiful boy and his expression just made me smile.  Thank you for sharing your special boy with us.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak