Author Topic: There are just some things you can't do with a big dog...  (Read 13572 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: There are just some things you can't do with a big dog...
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2005, 02:34:07 pm »
Bava?  who's the cute puppy!?    :) 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2005, 02:36:39 pm »
Bava probably weighs 40 pounds now, I can still pick him up and carry him. I should get one of those baby snugli's and carry him around :) Any weird looks and I can say What? my kid is cute! He can't help it if he's hairy and has a tongue that looks like bubble tape gum  :)

OK, first of all - I didn't see what you said about the bubble gum tape and just wrote a whole bunch about that and had to delete it!   ;D  Secondly, he is the cutest thing ever and must be sent to me for hugs and kisses.  I promise I will send him back when I am done with him.  I say if you can stuff him into a Snugli and get away with it - go for it!  I am only half kidding about devising some cunning plan to strap Ranger to me...

Lucysdad - I will probably go with a hard hat too.  Safety first.

Lins - I think you mean the "petterniklas", at least according to Marit.  I still maintain that it is called the winkie.   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2005, 02:39:45 pm »
he looks so cuddly.
Happy Birthday big fella!!!!!!

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2005, 02:51:58 pm »

According to the folks at MG that's "Safety Fast", seems appropriate here too........... .....
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2005, 03:09:05 pm »

According to the folks at MG that's "Safety Fast", seems appropriate here too........... .....

Well, you know you are going to need these types of items too, for when you strap Lucy to your chest for your trips to the store....   ;D   I'll be over at Melissakins house, loving on Bava, but let us know if you need any fashion advice, i.e. does a black hard hat clash with brown OSHA approved shoes...?   ;D

Your avatar made me think of another thing that people with big dogs can't do.  Let them ride on our laps while we are driving.  It makes me crazy when I see people driving with little dogs on their laps with the dog hanging out the window. 

Not only do I wonder how the people can steer and watch the road and avoid an accident, etc.,  with a dog on their laps, I am also scared the doggy is going to go flying the next time they have to brake hard!   :(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2005, 07:01:58 pm »
I got mad when I saw two mini-somethings in a purse in Longs the other day. They were walking through the isles shopping like this was the norm....I doubt you  would ever see my 150 lb., hairy black, drooly dog shopping there with me huh?
I was at Walmart one time & a couple & their adult daughter came in carrying a towel & a rat sized pooch...They put the towel in the cart & deposited the dog onto it & proceeded to walk into the store...The Walmart greeter dude told them they couldn't bring the dog in & they brushed pass him saying it's way to cold for Shnookums (or whatever the dog's name was) out in the car & in they went leaving the greeter dude standing there with his mouth hanging open...Jerks! >:(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2005, 06:46:32 am »
LOL Kook!...I can see you there just fuming!...I would have been miffed too!...My latest brainstorm involves passing Samson & Pippin off as therapy dogs...I REALLY want to take them places they shouldn't be...It is becoming a mini obssesion...lo l!

Offline daynakb

• Gnawer
  • This is Klaus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2005, 07:45:32 pm »
I was in the grocery store one day and in one aisle saw a lady with a poodle sitting in the front of her cart, leash clipped to the metal on the side.  In the GROCERY store?!  Can you imagine if I walked in with my 18 month old Doberman, asked the cart wrangler kid to help me and together lift him into the back of the cart and proceed to shop?  That would never happen!

Although I also own two small dogs and can honestly say that both would have been hanging from their leashes on the side of the cart as they would constantly lunge for the shelves of yummy people food.  Not to mention that no one would know what muzak was playing in the store as my pug's high pitched screams of excitement at seeing all the people would be heard for miles!  It never amazes me that I can keep the Doberman quiet but not the pug.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2005, 09:27:25 pm »

My favorite uncle collects MG's...I think he has 8 now...Cool cars!

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2005, 10:49:02 am »
I saw on the News that apartments or Condo that have a no dog allowed rule have to accept someone who has a dog if they are needed to maintain that person's mental stability.  So...next time you just tell them that they are required by law to permit you and the dog inside or else you will crazy and snap. ;D

Mike
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2005, 10:52:56 am »
I was in the grocery store one day and in one aisle saw a lady with a poodle sitting in the front of her cart, leash clipped to the metal on the side.  In the GROCERY store?! 
I saw this just last night at the grocery store near us.  I kept saying to my fiance' "If they can do that with their dog, I can do that with Ranger, right?  He would stay in the cart and be good, right?"  All I got back was the look that says "You are crazy, but I am not crazy enough to mention it...".

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2005, 12:14:55 pm »
I was walking Tenchi downtown Saturday night and came upon a similar thing.  In the 5 & 10 store window was a sign that said "CARRIED PETS ALLOWED INSIDE ONLY".  My daughter read it and said how unfair that was.  Then she wondered if Tenchi would be allowed if I carried him in.  ;)  hahaha  The mental image of that is just TOO funny.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2005, 01:38:39 pm »

My favorite uncle collects MG's...I think he has 8 now...Cool cars!

Having MGs (since '82) was pretty good traing for having Lucy. Same sort of public specticle, stupid questions, stupid comments...... .. and they both get lot's of smiles, and "My (insert relative/neighbor/etc) had a.........." stories. Put both together and things can get a little out of hand, but in a good way........... .....

As soon as I'm on better terms with the scanner I'll post some older pics of Lucy in the Midget, at the beach, the park, etc.......
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2005, 01:59:32 pm »
I am very lucky and live in the dog friendliest town imaginable....  It is a section of long beach, CA called Belmont Shore.  You can't go anywhere without seeing doggies of all sizes.  They walk up and down the main drag with there humans, and are allowed to sit at almost all restaurants if they have outdoor seating.  The biggest surprise though is how many of the stores let pups in.  I was in the Banana Republic there and there were at least 5 dogs in there and some were pretty huge.  They even have treates that they give to well behaved dogs!!  I really had never seen anything like it.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2005, 02:03:43 pm »
A woman who lives here in Halifax has a website that tells of all of the different stores in the city that are dog friendly. She is truely the most dog devoted person that I have ever talked to, she even boycotts stores that will not let dogs in (unless health restrictions dictate that dogs are unwelcome).
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey