Author Topic: sensitive stomach foods...  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
sensitive stomach foods...
« on: May 21, 2008, 07:16:06 pm »
Hello,
as most know we have been struggling with titan and his stomach since the day we got him.  We have fed him raw which seems to be the only thing that works for him, although we have now officially run out of money in our budget for raw and him.  SO...i know that nutro makes a sensitive stomach, and purina (yuck) does as well...but are there any natural sensitive stomach foods? If he eats 3 pieces of kibble any kind..timberwo lf, canadae, solid gold, wysong...you name it..... BOOTY BLOWOUT...and it happens when the hubb is not home to help me out.  SO we are trying to avoid that at all costs.  Any suggestions?

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: sensitive stomach foods...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:25:16 pm »
i did find a food called gastro...but holy cow $100 per a 23 pound bag!!!!!!!!! that will last me like 4 days!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:38 pm »
he is allergic to red meat, rice, and pumpkin  :-\ it makes it worse. I will try cali. naturals, is there one formula tha is better than another?

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 05:40:52 am »
Our 7 1/2 month old berner has a sensative stomach as well.  The only puppy food that he dives right into and finishes in record time is Science Diet Natural Brown Rice and Lamb.  He loves it.  We tried the Purina sensative stomach food, but he barely touched it and still was vomiting :-X.  Even the chicken and rice diet didn't help his stomach.  Science diet is a little more expensive than most, but it definitely worked for Cooper! 
Kaitlen

Cooper ~ 1 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
Coda (aka ruler of the household) ~ 5 year old, chubby grumpy, male cat
Ava (sister to the ruler) ~ 5 year old petite angel, female cat

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:52:06 pm »
Bo has a tender tummy and is allergic to grains, so I now have her on Nature's Variety Instinct kibble.  It's a "raw" kibble, which is the closest to raw I am prepared to give her.  She's been on it several weeks and for the first time in her LIFE, she's having solid poops (the kind I can pick up with the doody bag and not have it smear all over the place-sorry, TMI).  However, I must add that she is also on a WONDERFUL supplement called Forco.  Originally designed for collicky horses, it's a probiotic supplement that works in the entire digestive system, not just the upper intestines.  I got it online and it comes highly recommended by several doggy people I consulted with.  You can check it out here
http://www.forco.com/main/prod-forcosup.asp

I'm not sure if it's a combination of Forco & new kibble, but she's finally got a stable digestive system, so I'm not going to question it!! =)

Good luck, though, I know how frustrating it can be when the babies have tummy troubles!

Jenn in CA
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi