Author Topic: A Bill to Ban all Pitbulls from the state of Ohio  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
A Bill to Ban all Pitbulls from the state of Ohio
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:36:29 pm »
Anyone heard this yet?

Here's the link to the bill proposition. http://www.animallawcoalition.com/breed-bans/pendingbill/523 According to this it is a bill proposing the outlawing of any breed "Traditionally refered to as a pitbull" within the state of ohio. Owners would have 90 days to "surrender their pitbulls" to the dog warden who would have 10 days to euthenize them. After 90 days, any one caught harboring, owning, keeping, etc etc a pittbull will have their dog seized and euthenized and be fined. They are wording the law to incorporate the word pit bull into the vicious dog laws, as in, owning a pit bull is equivelent to harboring a dog that has killed a child.

Quick question: Is this still america? I think I might have gotten lost.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: A Bill to Ban all Pitbulls from the state of Ohio
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:17:33 am »
That is awful!  There are so many family pets that will be put down needlessly because of past and present morons.
I swear dogs should not be banned by breed, it should be by temperment and just because the breed standard says typical doesnt mean that all are.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 07:05:12 am »
UGH!!! We have this bill in Ontario and it angers me to no end. The shelters are full of Pitbulls and one woman is in court trying to prevent her pittie puppy being euthanized b/c he was born after the bill was passed!!!
TERRIBLE LAWS....its not the dog its the owner I truly agree.

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 07:06:36 am »
That is absolutely disgusting. I can't believe that someone would take away people's pets and put them down because of the irrational and media driven fear of pitbulls. It's sickening to me to hear about this bill. I agree, is this still america???  >:( >:( >:(
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven