Author Topic: Cisco is driving me nuts... he will NOT sleep through the night  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
I dont know whats wrong with Cisco. He and annie were doing great sleeping through the night, then all of a sudden in the last two weeks Cisco wakes up EVERY MORNING between 4:30 and 5am. He barks and barks and cries to go out, so I get up and take him out and he runs out, turns around and jumps back on the door. I leave him out and 10 minutes later he is barking his fool head off outside. I bring him in and he goes back into his crate voluntarily, I shut the door and go back to bed and five minutes later he is barking again. I have occasionally ignored it, and almost always I will then wake up to pee or poop in his crate, even though when I let him out he wont go to the bathroom. I have tried walking him, I have taken away his water in the crate, I have fed him earlier and made sure he pooped before he goes to bed, I have walked them RIGHT before I go to bed.

Its strange because its a new behavior, and I almost worry he has something medically wrong with him- he is peeing A LOT. He was doing pretty good on housebreaking until recently and now he is peeing around the house too. He's 7 months old and it just seems weird to go back three steps in his housebreaking.

Any ideas?

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters