Author Topic: Protective Mommy  (Read 14702 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Protective Mommy
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2005, 01:17:35 pm »
Oh Gene, that is too funny. 

When I had Cabo, a toddler that lived in the apartment next door to us was obsessed with him.  Because he was just a baby, he couldn't get Cabo's name quite right, and would stand at the fence and call "Abo!  Abo! Abo!" very insistently. 

At first Cabo would go running up to see him if we were outside, but after we had lived there awhile he got kinda tired of it and would just hide from the baby!  If we were inside, Jordan, (the baby) would just give a couple experimental "Abo's" and give up, but if we were outside and he could see us, he would just keep going and going. 

Eventually, the calling would die down and get very plaintive - "Abo.......   Abo........ Aaaaaaaa....." - until I would make Cabo go over there and say hi.   

I miss my Cabo...   :(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:50:19 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 01:46:18 pm »
LOL Isn't it funny that dogs know when a child is around. Harley's ears perk up when she sees a child she wants to go and play with.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 01:53:51 pm »
My observation, wonder if others agree......... ......

Children shorter than Lucy have no fear and love her, or at least are fascinated by her. Perhaps they're young enough to be fearless...... .............. ..

Children that are eye to eye seem apprehensive and intimidated. Fair enough that's an awfully big mouth full of awfully big teeth right at eye level......... .......

Children taller than Lucy become comfortable with her again and friendly.
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 05:23:03 pm »
Willow loves kids and they all seem to love her... My poms are a totally differnt story....  Kids love my poms because they are cute and fluffy...they always want to pet them especially the little ones.  But my poms DO NOT like little ones.  They will snap very quickly - I guess they just dont trust them...  And people will just pet my POms without asking if they bite or if it is ok.  I guess because they are small and cute  but I always have to say ummm.... probably not a good idea...  But my friends with bigger dogs most people ask or stick their hand out for the dog to smell 1st....little dogs they just reach for them.
Timmie

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2005, 06:45:20 am »
That avator is great.  I love that face!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2005, 12:57:25 am »
That link was so very funny!!

Icerotti

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2005, 07:49:34 am »
I am a little frustrated - I took Willow out today for a walk where there were a fair amount of people and the types of comments were just incredible.  People even talked about her behind our backs - while they were walking behind us....  Things like:  What kind of dog is that, those legs are way to long for her, her ears are so big she looks like dumbo, what a weird color - she must be some weird mix of dog...etc etc etc
The kicker is - is she isn't even big yet...I can't imagine the comments then....  I guess I was just feeling a little protective - some of the comments weren't very nice.
Tiimmie

People are so insensitve these days. They just don't think before they open thier mouths.
Willow you are such a cutie ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)