Author Topic: Need advice, Gunner hurt himself.  (Read 4095 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Need advice, Gunner hurt himself.
« on: May 25, 2008, 09:33:16 pm »
My crazy pup hurt his rear right leg late last night.  He has a slight limp now.  He has allowed us to touch it and doesnt cry out in pain with it when he walks.
My hubby and I were playing around(totally G-rated) and he was in the bed and I ran out of the room and he jumped off the bed to follow me.  He didnt yelp then or even act like he hurt himself,  it wasnt until later that I noticed the limp.  What should I do until I can get him to the vet on Tues.?  There is no swelling and aside from the limp he is acting normal, trying to play with kira(which im not letting him do)following us from room to room.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice, Gunner hurt himself.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 04:47:13 pm »
Thanks ladies!  He has been crated most of the day today,  he did not like that at all, but he wouldnt stop running and hopping all over the place.  For some reason he is acting like a maniac today, a happy one, but nutty!!
Im going to keep an eye on him for a few days and just go from there. Thanks again.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:02:55 am »
He was walking normal this am when we let him out to potty so it's looking good, im going to keep him low activity for a few more days though so he doesnt re-injure it.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
Beta fish-Mak

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:24:28 am »
Poor lil Gunner...glad to hear he is better. I agree a few more days of rest would be better than straining and injury.