Author Topic: Pics from the adoption fair  (Read 7095 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Pics from the adoption fair
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:09:38 pm »
Still missing some- camera ate a bunch! But here's a few pics from this weekend's adoption fair. We did ok- 7 dogs adopted, 10 microchipped (we get $10 a microchip) and we sold some items and got some donations. All in all we made about $2200 in adoption fees, donations and microchip fees, which covers about a month's vet work/food etc.

Pics in order:

Jasmin the great dane pup, she was SO pretty, a lovely blue harlequin- I'd never seen a blue one before. She came in to get microchipped and stayed to play while her mom fell in love with schnepherds ;)

Keebler- Boxer/shep mix adopted! yay!

Kiki- All her pups were adopted but no one was interested in her :(

Nala and Benji- No applications although Nala *almost* had a home, but they decided to take Bijou, another schnepherd, instead.

Nala konked out in Marci's lap. I got another REALLY cute picture of this with the bandana in front and on ear over an eye and her eyes closed but thats one the camera ate.. trying to get it back.

Nana trying to kiss us

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Pics from the adoption fair
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:23 pm »
More:

Nana

Nana and Cricket playing

Shilo (previously Kobe, really not a good girls name and hard with Keebler, Kiki, Koki, and Cookie in the house)

Sunnypenny (like Moneypenny) the golden- she's 5 years old, HW positive and was severely cystic when we got her- she was just loaded down with cysts all over. Got them all removed and she is on the mend, about to start HW treatment. In the second picture is Sunny's sponser, she and her husband drove down from VA to meet Sunny and donated $500 towards Sunny's HW treatment and recovery. Way to GO!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:20:17 pm »
More:

Tired dogs after a long day

Wolf, isn't he looking just gorgeous now? his mom is doing such a great job with him. He has that infamous BBDS (big black dog syndrome though) and even with his fancy bandanas he really didn't get a lot of attention. We did discover though that he has a HUGE problem with bikes/wheelchairs and motercycles. Whenever someone would ride their bike past he would bark and bark and lunge at them. It was all we could do to redirect his attention and get him to sit. At one point he broke the leash and charged the guy and I thought OMG he's going to bite him. But all he did was run up to the wheel, sniff at it and then walk away. VERY strange. One of our volunteers is in a wheelchair and he "walked" Wolf from the chair, and Wolf was just freaked OUT. He kept lunging forward and jumping away from the wheels, but then the same thing, when he saw him from a distance wheeling, he would go nuts again. And this boy is STRONG!!! Its very weird, but we are going to keep working on him and see what we can do.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 09:50:21 am »
Great pics! The dogs all looked great. That is great that 7 pups were adopted. And maybe you'll get some calls about some of the other pups too. People that were at the adoption fair, but didn't adopt right then? Maybe they'll think about the pups and say to themselves, I need one! hahaha Overall it sounds like it was successful!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:45 am »
Sounds like a wonderful and sucessful Adoption Fair. Good job! Love the pictures!

I just got off the phone with our Coordinator a few minutes ago and we were talking about you and are SO impressed. Now we're wondering how you did the microchipping. Did you do it yourselves? Or did you have a volunteer Vet there with you? What a great idea! Was it the Home-again? (think they may have changed the name since my guys were chipped.)

We're open to any and all suggestions for the upcoming fund raiser here with the Pyrs.

Again - LOVED all the pics! You're amazing!

Jane

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:38:02 pm »
Sounds like a wonderful and sucessful Adoption Fair. Good job! Love the pictures!

I just got off the phone with our Coordinator a few minutes ago and we were talking about you and are SO impressed. Now we're wondering how you did the microchipping. Did you do it yourselves? Or did you have a volunteer Vet there with you? What a great idea! Was it the Home-again? (think they may have changed the name since my guys were chipped.)

We're open to any and all suggestions for the upcoming fund raiser here with the Pyrs.

Again - LOVED all the pics! You're amazing!

Jane

shucks marm, LOL

Yes, its Home Again Chips, and yep we had a volunteer vet, Dr. Ryan who is a good friend of mine and also one of our shelter vets. We split the cost and then half went to me and half went to the Chinese Crested Club (Dr. Ryan is on their board)

Are you here in NC?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:40:39 pm by Care2Adopt »

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets