Author Topic: Newbie saying hello!  (Read 5131 times)

Offline lilqhgal

• Gnawer
  • Wataaya
    • View Profile
    • Cowgirl Expressions
Newbie saying hello!
« on: August 05, 2005, 05:58:03 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is Ramsey.  I'm so glad I found this board!!  I've always been a "big dog" gal.  Mom & Dad raised Great Danes, so from the time I was a baby I was around big dogs.  Recently, we rescued a puppy who was dumped alongside the road out by my folks' place along with her 5 brothers and sisters.  A neighbor wrangled up the other 5 and got them to the pound where they were all adopted out (thankfully!!) but the last little girl nobody could catch, and so I sat down in the ditch and waited for her to come to me, which took only took about 5 minutes.  According to the vet, they've been identifyed as "akita crosses".  I've never dealt with Akitas before, and I suspect that she has some Lab in her, as her bros/sis's were all varying in colors from yellow or tan to brown and white (like her).  I named her Wataaya (which is supposed to mean "Fortunate One" (or something like that) in Lakotan), and we call her "Ty" for short.  She's a VERY sweet little pup, but is chewing us out of house and home!  Hubby is ready to kill her  :-[ so I need to get her into obediance asap.  I'll get some pics up as soon as I get some of my photos back from a data loss I suffered.  Looking forward to chatting with you all!!

Ramsey

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie saying hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 10:12:09 pm »
Welcome to BPO! I can't wait to hear more about Ty.

Michael~

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:58:07 am »
Welcome to BPO! You will like it here - everyone is very nice and always avalaible with hekpful advice when you need it.  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 03:07:33 am »
you will love it here!!! Im new kinda...... addicted already!! BPO is awesome and has some awesome people and dogs  .... one big happy big pawed family !!! So welcome.....I am a new Akita owner also so we can learn and share any info together.... Have questions ..... BPO has answers .... have fun!!! My name is nicole and this is zima my akita!
Nicole

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 06:07:39 am »
Hello & welcome to B.P.s!...My name is Chelle & I live in Iowa with my hubby, 2 skin kids, 8 house cats, 2 house bunnies, 1 guiena pig princess, & 2 Great Pyrenees, Samson who turned 1 yr. old last month & Pippin who is 5 & 1/2 months...I'm glad you decided to join us here!...This is an awesome place! ;D

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 01:12:23 pm »
Welcome - I am Timmie.  I live in Vegas with 2 small Poms ( who aren't so nice) and my new Dane pup - Willow..  And we need some manners classes also.
Timmie

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 03:58:08 pm »
Welcome! Ty is so lucky that you had the heart to save her! You will love it here. The people are so helpful and best of all we all love to hear stories and see pics of everyone elses furbabies! I can't wait to see a pic of your little one.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 03:24:06 pm »
Welcome!! I am a newbie also , I have a grandpuppie Akita named Kuma (meaning "Bear" in Japanese) He is around 10 months old and has a wonderful temperment.  Let me pause while you grab your tissues and then I will tell you about the most magnificent Akita I ever met...... Koda was my brothers first Akita and he was the perfect Akita specimen.  He was wonderful with children and protected my niece and nephew to the end.  One night my nephew came running upstairs to tell my brother that there was a fire in the gameroom. It was the dead of winter and about 5 degrees outside. My brother quickly grabbed his 2 children and ran in his stocking feet out the door with them. He took them to a neighbor and ran back to the house. The fire was out of control and he couldn't get back in. He could see Koda and called to him but he wouldn't come. He ran to every door/window but he wouldn't come. He was found in my nephews room, I don't think he knew that the kids were out and was trying to save them. He was a wonderful spirit and now he is their guardian angel. :'( The pic is Kuma.

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 02:28:04 pm »
Welcome!  Everyone else has already wrote it ... this is a great BB for us dog-loving folks.  I've got a 15 mo. old akita (Joji) and we think she's the cat's meow. We've also got a 3-yr. old shiba (he's the little big brother).
Again, welcome!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 02:38:54 pm »
WELCOME TO BIG PAWS, My name is Beth and I am from Mississippi. I have two chihuahuas and a boxer pup. Dan dewy, and Dixie. Dan is 4 yrs and dewey 2 yrs and dixie is 13 weeks(3 months). Hope you Enjoy it here at bpo I know I do.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Offline PrettySurvivor

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 03:24:48 pm »
 Hi There.  I'm new too.  I have to say I'm just loving this website.  It's so refreshing to find a site such as this one.  I'm having a blast.