Author Topic: Pics of the New House!!! :)  (Read 4797 times)

AudgePadge

Pics of the New House!!! :)
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:38:45 pm »
So...I'm just bursting with excitement! We can now paint the walls any color we want! No more wrinkly old man as a landlord that mows the lawn in shorts and no shirt!  We're almost all the way moved in, just have some home improvements here and there to make it our own :)

I'm from "the real OC" and Long Beach, CA and coming out here to Horsetown USA has really been...amazing! I love being around all the animals! Neighbor is a horse trainer, people across the street have a llama farm...AND...t here are two CAMELS in residence here...

I'm totally in awe with all the animals, and I'm totally giddy when go for a walk down the street and there are pigs, peacocks, horses, goats...whatev er else... ;D

Anyways, just thought I'd share my excitement, and ya'll know how much I love pictures...so. ..here they are!

Front Porch

Back of the house, you can see the garage, and the barn...

Momma llama nursing

MORE llamas...I swear there are like...30 next door!

Boys are SOO happy to be out of the city

The door bell

Roscoe checkin out the Llamas

Llama checkin him out back...

Tribute to the Marines

Boys in the back of the yard

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of the New House!!! :)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:44:37 pm »
Congrats I am sooo jelous!! I want a barn and llamas!
Just Kidding but what a fantastic place! I love it! Looks like to boys love it too!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 12:57:57 pm »
It's awesome! And you get a barn with it too?? Too cool!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 01:01:36 pm »
WOW!!!  I love that house.  It's so cute and what a AWE-some place to be a dog..  Congratulation s.  Yeah, and I'm going to need some proof on the camel......   :D
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 01:18:52 pm »
OMG what fun! I would love to live at your house too!
Every walk would be an adventure.

Semper Fi
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 01:52:44 pm »
Congratulation s!  Your house is great & the setting looks wonderful!  I love the pics of the dogs checking out the llamas.   ;D  I remember when we moved our family from a home in a subdivision in the city  to our first country home.  You should've seen the look on Cara's face when she saw the horse next door.   :o  ???  It was a hoot!  ;D

Are the llamas & their people friendly?  I hope that you can get to know them and pet the llamas.  I'm seriously jealous.   ;)  :)  Though we've lived in the country for 8+ yrs now, we've had horses, dogs, peacocks, etc. as neighbors, but no llamas yet. 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

AudgePadge

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 02:07:59 pm »
  Yeah, and I'm going to need some proof on the camel......   :D

As soon as I catch the owner walking by again, I'm gonna snap a few pics...Last time I saw him was last weekend walking down the street and I was driving so I could get a picture :(

And YESSS the llamas are friendly, little kids come by every day and pet them... and it would LOVE to house ALL BPOers... I don't know how the boys would feel about sharing their beds though... :(  They don't even like sharing with me! lol

Thanks for all the wonderful words...maybe in the future, we can host a BPO bbq for those that are in the area???

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 04:31:14 pm »
Hmm....You're not out here in No. Cal off J59 now are you?  Driving to Merced from Sonora a couple weeks ago, I passed a pasture that had 2 camels in it.  Of course, that ranch also has a zebra (or at least used to) and a bunch of exotic cattle too.
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 05:35:06 pm »
A perfect home in a perfect area. You can't ask for more than being neighbors with fellow animal lovers.

What are you planning for that adorable barn? ?? ?

You must be floating on cloud nine right now. (I too LOVE that doorbell!)

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:14:28 pm »
Wow , i am soooo happy for you. It looks fantastic there :)
Its my dream to be on a farm surrounded by animals. I just want it to be an oasis smack dab in the middle of the city. lol       Camels and llamas??????   boy im really jealous. congratulation s!  Roscoe and Monty look psyched ;D  and handsome as ever.
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix

chaosndestruction

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 01:35:16 pm »
  Yeah, and I'm going to need some proof on the camel......   :D

As soon as I catch the owner walking by again, I'm gonna snap a few pics...Last time I saw him was last weekend walking down the street and I was driving so I could get a picture :(

And YESSS the llamas are friendly, little kids come by every day and pet them... and it would LOVE to house ALL BPOers... I don't know how the boys would feel about sharing their beds though... :(  They don't even like sharing with me! lol

Thanks for all the wonderful words...maybe in the future, we can host a BPO bbq for those that are in the area???

Even thought the llamas are friendly, I'd still use caution. They can get in nasty and I mean NASTY moods! They'll spit and bite if they get pissed off!

Your house is sooo cute!!!

Years ago our neighbors decided to throw off our cows by getting some emus! YES EMUS we had one cow that wouldn't come to the barn to get grain for almost a month because of them.

And then there was a time when our current neighbors on the other side got their alpacas. I thought there were little kids getting hurt next door when I first heard the noises those things make!