Author Topic: NDR-Italy  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
NDR-Italy
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:32:34 am »
Hmmm. Ok....sooooo this girl I work with is getting married in Italy at the end of July and she really wants me to go....(and I really want to!). I've never been to Italy...or Europe for that matter. My only thing is...I would only be able to go for a couple days because of work. The wedding is July 26th and I would only be able to take off work July 24th-July 28th. I'd have to be back to work no later than the 29th.

My question is...Should I just forget about going if I can only go for a short amount of time? Am I going to have major jetlag? What is the time difference anyway? And do they speak english in italy? hahaha I would most likely be going out there with a friend from work, but coming back by myself.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: NDR-Italy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:33:15 am »
Oops. I didn't mean to put this on the general board. :P My bad.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:57:54 am »
She is getting married in Bologna.

I have done some research. I think I will fly space available (I work for Midwest Airlines, so they have agreements with lots of other airlines for space available travel.) I talked to someone that has done international travel space available and they said it's only like 100 dollars each way. But of course there is the possibility of not getting on the plane if it's full!!! I travel space available all the time in the US, but I've never done it internationall y, so that's kinda scary, but as long as some people speak english, I can figure it out!!!

She said I should take a train from Milan or Rome to Bologna. How are the trains there? I know it is a popular form of transportation in Europe.

If you want to send me your trip report that would be great!!!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:40:29 am »
Anyway, I think you should go for it. When are you going to get an excuse to go again and for so cheap?!?!?! 

You know, you're right!!! I've always wanted to go to Italy. What a great excuse to go!!! Thanks so much for all your info. The train sounds really great!!!

I probably will wish I could stay longer, but it's a good taste of Italy! I can get a feel for it, and when I get back, I'll be planning my next trip! haha
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees