Author Topic: O.M.G. Guess What?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
O.M.G. Guess What?
« on: June 02, 2008, 02:06:57 pm »
So most of you guys know that I work at my movie theatre. I pretty love it there too. I get along quite well with everyone except 1 person and I'm really in with all the managers. Well Friday night I get a call from the head manager. I call him back and he's like hey Where are you? I tell him I'm in Chicago for a concert and he says well when will you be home and of course I'm like not till about 1 am. So he says well you need to come in an hour early tomorrow if that's ok, so we can talk.
Of course I completely freak out after that telling my friends OMG I'm getting fired and I don't know why. Ahhh I don't want to lose my job, I love it there, blah blah blah. They just tell me to calm the freak down and enjoy the concert. Sooo I go into work the next day, mind you I was waiting for 5 pm to roll around ALL DAY it seemed like forever, and Jim takes me into the office to see Jonathon. I sit down and he asks me if I know why I'm in there. I tell him it's because I'm getting fired? Thankfully he starts laughing and is like why would I fire you? I say umm I don't know why... he says ok then why would I do it? Then he goes on to tell me he's starting to make changes in the movie theatre and he was wondering if I would like to be "brought up" brought up as in Manager. Yep that's right I'm looking at being promoted :D
I've only been working there for about 3 mo and this is technically my first real job IMO. So I'm of course estactic and he had me fill out some paper work for it and will get back to me on if the position is secure to me or not. I'm really really hoping it is. He did talk to 2 other people but from what someone told me my advantage is that he loves me more than the others, so yay on that! ;D
Right now I'm incredibly excited, so wish me luck on that I actually get it!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 02:09:13 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: O.M.G. Guess What?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:01:30 pm »
I'm impressed!!!  That's really wonderful, especially after just 3 months on the job, you must be doing a tremendous job!  Great work and keep us posted, ok?   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:20:14 pm »
Thanks everyone!

Yea I'd have to say this is def. better than getting fired. lol
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:59:37 pm »
Ooooh, how cool!
You must be doing an awesome job to get this opportunity so quickly.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:10:19 pm »
Oh and I just thought I'd share this(I don't know if I did already or not). We're doing a summer contest with the other theatres to see who can upsell the most. You know "Hi I'd like a small popcorn." "Oh did you know it's only .50 cents more for a medium?" thing. And it's being sponsored by Fandango so our theatre thought it would be neat to make Fandango bags to hang up. Of course I was the first employee to do mine and clever me invented Mini Megan. ;D

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 08:14:29 pm »
Yay for Megna!! Sorry you had to be nervous all day, but at least it was a nice surprise!

And, you look so cute in your uniform next to the mini-megna!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 09:05:41 pm »
Good for you!!!  The mini-Megna is killin' me!! :D  Good luck!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 11:57:49 am »
BUWAHAHAHAHAH! The Mini-Megan is cute!!!

Good luck on the promo. I'm sure that they'll give it to you cuz you roxes.

Hahaha, I have some funny movie theatre stories about Mark. He used to work there back in the day. (You know, when the squirrels ran in the little balls to make the projectors operate?)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:43 pm »
Yay! That is so cool! Congrats to you!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python