Author Topic: Meet Rocky  (Read 11079 times)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Meet Rocky
« on: August 05, 2005, 09:39:39 pm »
Hi! My husband and I have been enjoying this site for awhile and I was starting to feel like a voyer. I finally got up the nerve to try to post. We were the lucky owner of a "feisty" little paws, Cairn terrier, for about 8 years. My daughter got married 2 years ago and instead of giving me grandbabies she gave me "grand doggies". They had a beautiful Akita but that wasn't enough. They decided to adopt a baby girl Pyr. She was a fluffball w/ a gray badger mask and "black eyeliner" that made her so beautiful that she took your breath away. But what truely made me fall in love w/ her was her lazy, quiet, sweet nature.  When I learned that she still had a brother available, I begged my husband to treat me for my birthday. Life will never be the same, in a great way. Although my Cairn is kinda grumpy about his "little" brother at times, we have loved every minute of this adventure.  I have so enjoyed hearing about everyone elses "Big Paws" I wanted to share my joy w/ all of you - so -----Heeeere's Rocky!!!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Rocky
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 09:48:45 pm »
What a handsome lad, and a pretty sister also. How old is he and how big?

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 10:01:10 pm »
Rocky is 6 1/2 months. At his last visit (his neutering :'() to the vet he weighed 76 pounds but we think he's about up to 90+ now.  His dad and an uncle weigh over 120 so we think he's going to be a BIG boy.  But hey - the bigger the better I say!!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 10:12:47 pm »
Welcome! Rocky is one handsome boy.  ;D I am just like your daughter too! I have been married for 2 years and have given my parents a grand-dog while my sister gave them a grand-cat. They love it but wish that they had 2 legged grandkids too.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 06:17:54 am »
Now that we have Rocky we see how wonderful large breeds are. Everyday we find a new breed that we think we may get next!! I think when the time comes we may try a rescue, maybe a female Newfie. Any thoughts on how those 2 may get along? Rocky is very sociable, he plays well with his sister, her Akita step-brother and my neighbor's shephard/lab mix. How great would that look walking in the park, giant white and giant black!!  We already get stopped by everyone we see. Oh well, this is a future dream as our space is limited right now but within the year we'll be moving and look out then!!! ;D

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 06:59:29 am »
Cute fur babies you have there. I say the more the merrier. I have 5 fur kids. Welcome!
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 07:10:31 am »
Welcome you boy is so very good looking.  You are going to have such a great time with him.  I have two Great Pyrenees. Sugar Bear is 13 months and Dixie Darlin is 7 months.  I lost my 91/2 year old last year and found that my house was not the same home without a Pyr.  So now I have my two fur-babies and would love to have a third.  You could add a second Pyr. 

You can do things with one without feeling like the others are feeling neglected or lonely.  With just two, I felt like I had to take both to the vet, even if only one needed to go, just because I didn't want the other one to feel left out.  I know, I'm pathetic!

When I take one I take both.  Sugar Bear and Dixie are even in the same Petsmart class.  I love having two, and I like the sounds of three even better. 

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 08:33:50 am »
Beautiful boy! The big ones are addictive, I think it is because of their BIG hearts! We have our little husky/shepherd (well we call her little compared to her big bro) and a Saint Bernard. I can't wait until the day I can add a third! Although hubby insists we wait until we move out of the city (hopefully within the next two years)! Maybe I will just have to show him this thread on why having three is a good idea! Anyway, have fun here, soon you will be an addict!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 05:18:23 pm »
Thanks for making us feel welcome. There's no turning back now, yes we are hooked. Remember back when finding a dog hair on your food was a big deal???? Now I chase "santa clauses" thru the house and vaccumm 3 times a day!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 05:20:06 pm »
What a nice looking boy. Welcome.

Blair

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 05:43:19 pm »
See what I mean? It's addictive!! Once you get one big-pawed creature, you just want MORE! :D

I know what you mean, its like you can never have too many big pawed doggies......W elcome to BPO, Rocky is one handsome "little" boy.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 06:49:06 pm »
Hi & welcome!...Rocky is a sweetie!!...Then again I may be biased as I think all Pyrs are beautiful!! ;D My name is Chelle & I have 2 Pyrs...Samson just turned 1 on the 23rd of last month & Pippin as about 5 & 1/2 months old & we just picked him up last weekend...I love my 2 big doofy dogs!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 08:18:54 pm »
Welcome to BPO! Rocky is so handsome!
RIP former BPO

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 08:12:51 am »
Thanks Chelle.  I'm Cindy and I thought my life was complete w/ my rotten little Cairn Terrier, but I was so wrong. I wanted to tell you how sorry I was for you and Jasmine for your tragic loss this summer. I cried even harder when I read Wolf's story. I think you have a heart as big as a Pyr!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 08:20:05 am »
Thanks Chelle.  I'm Cindy and I thought my life was complete w/ my rotten little Cairn Terrier, but I was so wrong. I wanted to tell you how sorry I was for you and Jasmine for your tragic loss this summer. I cried even harder when I read Wolf's story. I think you have a heart as big as a Pyr!!
Ty Cindy!...Sometimes I really wish I didn't care so much...It becomes very difficult when you start to feel like you are fighting a loosing battle with all of the idiots in the world who don't care at all to start with...It was a very painful blow when we lost Arwen...I am still grieving every day for the life she will not have with us....We have her brother Pippin...He is an absolute joy & I feel we are honoring Arwen's memory by giving him all of the love we had for her...Yes, Wolf's story is amazing...Pipp in is his great grandson & is named after him "Tanimara's Pippin Memory Of Wolf"...Pippin also has his eyes & I can see & feel Wolf's spirit in my little boy!...Pyrs are awesome souls for sure!!...B.t.w., Chelle is my name & Gypsy Jazmine is my online nickname :)...I stole it from one of my cats...lol!