Author Topic: Nooooooooooooooooooo  (Read 6719 times)

Lyn

Nooooooooooooooooooo
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:19:13 am »
I dropped Lola off at the vet for 8am to be spayed. I was in the middle of making a post about her being there when I get a call. It's the vet clinic... Imagine the panic when I saw the call display. So here I am thinking something is wrong.. no no.. they are just calling for me to come pick her up, Why??.. because she's in HEAT! :o He figures about 5-6 days in. I was shocked because we had no idea, no bleeding, no interest from Bubba... Nada.

So I'm in for another fun filled 30 days of h*ll. I jokingly tried to get the tech to keep her until her heat was done.. she wouldn't go for it. LOL

Right now Bubba and Lola are cuddled up to each other sleeping.. we will see how long that lasts before I have to seperate them. Since Bubba is neutered now we have no pregnancy worries so it all teters on his behaviour.

If I could have just got an appointment 1 week earlier..  :-\

Icerotti

Re: Nooooooooooooooooooo
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:23:38 am »
Dang....poor you  :-\ I would have had a heart attack too when the call display showed up. Well better luck next month ;)  ;)

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:50:10 am »
You know that would mean she cycles every 7 months! That's nuts. I'll be so glad when she's spayed and this is over with.

I'm crossing my fingers this one ends quick and I don't have 30 days of chaos. :D

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:08 am »
Well - thank goodness she's alright but fingers are crossed here too.  And maybe now you can schedule the procedure for the right time.  :)
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:15:45 am »
Actually that's my fault, I didn't tell him her cycle because I thought it was off. Her first heat was the beginning of April 2007 and second heat was a wonky one but we are guessing it was mid November. So approximately 7 months apart. I thought that was early and probably a fluke but just incase I wanted her in before mid June. They were booked so we got June 4th. But according to him she started about the 30th May. So even earlier than expected.

I know I should have booked her in earlier. After we did Bubba's neuter I opted to spay my kitty instead thinking I had more time with Lola and that I could get an earlier appointment. But of course it didn't work out that way because my luck sucks.

I'm going to call them back right now and talk to them about spaying her anyway since she is just starting her heat. He did say he would do it but at the same time he was obviously trying to talk me out of it. ???

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:28:50 am »
It's a no. The tech I spoke with this time said they used to spay during heat but no longer do. So I called the 2 other clinics in town and was told no by them also. :(

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:40:58 pm »
I feel for you, I really do! Merri was schedualed to go in and she went into heat a couple of days before. And I had the boy Tripper going out of his mind....which in turn made me go out of mine.  :D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 05:58:47 pm »
At least they didn't call you to say she's already pregnant! ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 08:59:23 am »
Well it's my own fault. I should have spayed Lola before I spayed my kitty. I just couldn't stand listening to her scream all night long. She was in heat more than she was out. :-\

Hubby said I should have spayed Lola first, then the kitty and left Bubba alone. LOL Men... :D