Author Topic: Woman over 30...damn straight!!  (Read 9076 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Woman over 30...damn straight!!
« on: August 05, 2005, 10:15:38 pm »
Definitely worth the read...To all my girls who are close to turning 30
 or have recently turned 30 or are over 30, here you go...

Women Over 30

This is for all you girls 30 years and over.... and for those who are
 turning 30, and for those who are scared of moving into their 30's. AND
 for guys who are scared of girls over 30!!!!

This was written by Andy Rooney from CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are
 just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask,
 "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit
 around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's
 usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is,
 what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30
 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you
 at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if
 you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can
 get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what
 it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women
 friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best
 friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30
 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows
 her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a
 woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true
 of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is
 far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you
 are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder
 where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately,
 it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart,
 well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow
 pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I
 apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk
 for free?" Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against
 marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire
 Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Woman over 30...damn straight!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 06:03:03 am »
I love it! And you know it's true!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 07:04:08 am »
Right On!!!!
and that expression will show you how old I am ;)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

ann

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 07:30:14 am »

i love it............ .(kick my leg chelle).............. ..

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 09:31:34 am »

i love it............ .(kick my leg chelle).............. ..
I love it too Ann! (kickin' my leg...lol)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 10:56:24 am »
That was awesome! I am scared about entering that phase of my life but you eased the pain somewhat Gyspy. Thanks!!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 12:40:16 pm »
That is completely true!!! I'm getting closer to 30 and I'm starting to feel much much different...! Hopefully you can find something like that or even better for those turning 40!  ;)
~Lorena~

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 01:16:10 pm »
lol - thatis so true....  I ,at 38, am such a different person then I was in my twenties....  And I like myself so much more now.  And it is true - I have neither the time or the patience to put up with any sh&* from anyone anymore...
Timmie

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 06:55:52 pm »
I am getting a kick outta you young 'uns! Believe me, every year gets better and better! Really, it does! I officially turned 50 this past May, tis but a number! I still rollick around on the floor - with the doggies - you guys get your mind out of the gutter! I am still standing without a walker! I still have all me wits about me - well, most of the time! Hee! And the list goes on.....
I decided quite a few years ago, I wasn't gonna put up with no more garbo. Was tired of the "falseness" of some people. The false smiles, etc etc. I don't go there no more - am not rude, but blah to being over polite! I am who I am, and am not gonna make apologies to anybody cos of it. So you young 'uns, be proud of who and what you are! And, lorlumme, 30 is still baby-age!! Hee!! Jabear called me granny a while back - I am proud to be called granny! Just don't picture me in a rocking chair!
There is a saying, can't remember who said it, and I can't remember the exact words, so apologies in advance for my corruption, but it goes something like this: Enjoy every birthday. It means you are still alive!
Enjoy your life!
I always say that getting older is mandatory but growing up is optional!...lol! :D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 07:48:06 am »
I love that!  I'm creeping up on 30 myself...yes, I'm a youngun, I know....but I think in my head I may have already crossed the line.  That describes how I am now pretty well.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 09:35:27 am »
Not quite a granny yet (except to two cats!), I completely agree with the sentiment that growing older is a grand thing!  I am finally comfortable in my own skin (wrinkly with the most tasteful texture of salami!), the competition is over and I can enjoy my friends, family and animals with absolute delight!  Fifty-four is a good age!  I can be happy going off to the mall with the Newfs with drool on both thighs (doesn't it make them look smaller??) dog hair on my t-shirt (at least I got loved and hugged today!) and can listen to my children's angst and not worry too much.  My husband and I can share reading glasses!  All of the bad stuff that comes up in life is usually dealt with with time.  Heartbreaks heal, children DO get potty trained, learning disablilities aren't fatal, and in those horrible times when you must deal with death, I know that there are wonderful hearts waiting at the bridge to greet them!  Thirty IS young...and so is forty!  In a few years fifty will sound like being a child again!  Hey, at least we are still getting giggles!  This board has brought such laughter...you all are great fun for an old gal!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 12:23:54 pm »
Yeah, well they are just from trying to stay up-right!  Cowboy was leaning on the left side of the canoe the whole fricking way!  He hasn't master the concept of "middle of the boat"!!!  We're still working on the whole canoeing thing!!!

Offline rv581

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 04:12:47 pm »
http://www.laststory.com/Ten%20Things%20That%20Change%20When%20You%20Hit%20Thirty.htm

(A little off-color, but a fun read nonetheless on the male perspective of turning 30:)

“Ten Things That Change When You Hit Thirty”

There you are, enjoying your 20s, minding your own business… when out of nowhere, the number 30 hits you right between the eyes, sending your hairline reeling and love-handles wobbling.  Until the cruel three-oh happens to you, there’s no way for you to prepare yourself for the psychological impact of the number.  However, one can live vicariously through others and learn through their pain and suffering.  Below are the ten ways you youngsters will see your life change as you inevitably approach the threshold of 30… but relax.  Not all of them are negative.  And don’t laugh too hard at my expense—every day, every hour, and every minute you too inch precariously closer to the death sentence of 30…

1)      Your fantasies change.  Upon hitting 30, you start to fantasize about sleeping alone.  “Ah, yes… my own bed!

2)      You start getting mad at MTV.  What’s with the c*&^ they’re playing anyway?  I’ve never heard of any of these bands before.  Nelly?  What’s a Nelly?  Whatever happened to all those great bands and singers I grew up with—guys like Sir Mix-a-Lot, Ugly Kid Joe, Motley Crue, Lita Ford, The Gin Blossoms,  Iron Maiden, Tone Loc, Cinderella, Quiet Riot, Ace of Base, N.W.A., The Spin Doctors, Def Lepard, and Megadeth?  h*ll, what happened to Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam?  Aren’t they still popular?  What’s a Nelly?

3)      Heartburn.  I used to see these Mylanta commercials when I was younger and not have a clue what they were talking about.  Now, I know.  Heartburn sucks.  It really is a pain in the, well, throat.

4)      The athletes on TV start all being younger than you.  This is an irrational  psychological thing, I know… but whenever I was in my 20s and watching sports on the weekend, I’d always think in the back of my head, “Gee, maybe if I lay off the nachos for a few weeks and start working out, I can get myself into shape and play in the NFL!  I’m still young enough!  I’ll have to learn how to punt, or something, but it could happen.”  Well, it can’t happen—you’re 30.  My Dad never liked Bill Clinton because Bill Clinton was the first president who was younger than him.  Now I know what Dad was grumbling about.  How could you possibly be expected to look up to someone who’s younger than you?  Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, George Bush Senior—those were all grown men.  Bill Clinton was a kid… and so are just about all the players in the NBA and the NFL now.  Thank God for some of the graybeards like Michael Jordan, Evander Holyfield, Emmitt Smith, Barry Bonds, Karl Malone, and Darrell Green…

5)      Drinking limitations.  Y’know, I used to torture my liver with gleeful immunity, knowing full well that I can...  Now, if I get drunk it really, really hurts.  It feels like Tony Soprano whacked my head around like a piñata.  And then, of course, the heartburn kicks in…

6)      The news.  No, I’m not talking about Sportscenter on ESPN—I’m talking about CNN, FOX, and MSNBC.  Somehow, politics and the financial markets became interesting to me.  Iraq, the White House, Wall Street—I wanna know what’s going on.  That and the weather… I constantly gotta know what the forecast is gonna be.  Don’t ask me why.

7 )      Perspective.  This is another cool thing about age.  I’m a member of Generation X, so I’ve seen things develop and unfold over the past 30 years.  Generations Y and Z have no memory of presidents other than Clinton and George W.  They view all the trends they see in fashion and music as permanent.  I know better.  N Sync (or however you write their name) will go the way of the New Kids on the Block, Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera will go the way of Debbie Gibson & Tiffany, Dawson will go the way of 90210, and those baggy pants will go the way of parachute pants.  All I gotta do is wait it out.  And for all you kids out there, here’s some fashion advice: You can’t go wrong with some Ray-Ban sunglasses, a clean t-shirt, and a pair of Levi jeans.  Trust me.

8)      Owning stuff.  Y’know, when I was in my 20s, if a hurricane hit my apartment and destroyed all my material possessions I’d be out… almost $40.  Now, I’ve got a nice TV (Sony), a DVD player, a stereo system, a good computer, a nice bed, some wooden furniture… and a car that stays together without a staple-gun or duct-tape.  It’s great!  I feel like a budding Donald Trump.

9)  Diminished idiocy.  No offense to the younger crowd...it’s not that your intellectual capacity is less than mine… it’s just that you’ve accumulated odd bits of information without learning how to determine what’s relevant and what’s not.  I don’t wanna sound overly preachy here, but you kids haven’t figured out that every current event doesn’t signal the end of life as we know it.  Still wrapped in me-first egocentrism, you have trouble realizing that not everything happening now is important.  Let it go.  Young people with a modicum of education are some of the most uncomfortably paranoid citizens in America.  Calm down and have some beer nuts.

See?  Not everything about turning 30 is negative.  A few positive curves can be found along the way.  They say that youth is wasted on the young (a statement undoubtedly uttered by some bitter geezer in a wheelchair), but despite any jealousy I might feel towards my younger brethren, I’m glad you guys are around.  After all, someone needs to bag my groceries and bring me my Big Mac…
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 09:13:29 pm by jabear »

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 04:38:21 pm »
I'm 47 now and look back and think, how did I put up with all that crap. You're priorities change. I've become more comfortable in my own skin. Sure you get wrinkles and aches but with the wisdom you gain it doesn't matter. I still have a young attitude and people ask what are you gonna be when you grow up. I say probably dead.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 09:29:20 pm »
http://www.laststory.com/Ten%20Things%20That%20Change%20When%20You%20Hit%20Thirty.htm

(A little off-color, but a fun read nonetheless on the male perspective of turning 30:)

“Ten Things That Change When You Hit Thirty”

There you are, enjoying your 20s, minding your own business… when out of nowhere, the number 30 hits you right between the eyes, sending your hairline reeling and love-handles wobbling.  Until the cruel three-oh happens to you, there’s no way for you to prepare yourself for the psychological impact of the number.  However, one can live vicariously through others and learn through their pain and suffering.  Below are the ten ways you youngsters will see your life change as you inevitably approach the threshold of 30… but relax.  Not all of them are negative.  And don’t laugh too hard at my expense—every day, every hour, and every minute you too inch precariously closer to the death sentence of 30…

1)      Your fantasies change.  Upon hitting 30, you start to fantasize about sleeping alone.  “Ah, yes… my own bed!

2)      You start getting mad at MTV.  What’s with the c*&^ they’re playing anyway?  I’ve never heard of any of these bands before.  Nelly?  What’s a Nelly?  Whatever happened to all those great bands and singers I grew up with—guys like Sir Mix-a-Lot, Ugly Kid Joe, Motley Crue, Lita Ford, The Gin Blossoms,  Iron Maiden, Tone Loc, Cinderella, Quiet Riot, Ace of Base, N.W.A., The Spin Doctors, Def Lepard, and Megadeth?  h*ll, what happened to Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam?  Aren’t they still popular?  What’s a Nelly?

3)      Heartburn.  I used to see these Mylanta commercials when I was younger and not have a clue what they were talking about.  Now, I know.  Heartburn sucks.  It really is a pain in the, well, throat.

4)      The athletes on TV start all being younger than you.  This is an irrational  psychological thing, I know… but whenever I was in my 20s and watching sports on the weekend, I’d always think in the back of my head, “Gee, maybe if I lay off the nachos for a few weeks and start working out, I can get myself into shape and play in the NFL!  I’m still young enough!  I’ll have to learn how to punt, or something, but it could happen.”  Well, it can’t happen—you’re 30.  My Dad never liked Bill Clinton because Bill Clinton was the first president who was younger than him.  Now I know what Dad was grumbling about.  How could you possibly be expected to look up to someone who’s younger than you?  Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, George Bush Senior—those were all grown men.  Bill Clinton was a kid… and so are just about all the players in the NBA and the NFL now.  Thank God for some of the graybeards like Michael Jordan, Evander Holyfield, Emmitt Smith, Barry Bonds, Karl Malone, and Darrell Green…

5)      Drinking limitations.  Y’know, I used to torture my liver with gleeful immunity, knowing full well that I can...  Now, if I get drunk it really, really hurts.  It feels like Tony Soprano whacked my head around like a piñata.  And then, of course, the heartburn kicks in…

6)      The news.  No, I’m not talking about Sportscenter on ESPN—I’m talking about CNN, FOX, and MSNBC.  Somehow, politics and the financial markets became interesting to me.  Iraq, the White House, Wall Street—I wanna know what’s going on.  That and the weather… I constantly gotta know what the forecast is gonna be.  Don’t ask me why.

7 )      Perspective.  This is another cool thing about age.  I’m a member of Generation X, so I’ve seen things develop and unfold over the past 30 years.  Generations Y and Z have no memory of presidents other than Clinton and George W.  They view all the trends they see in fashion and music as permanent.  I know better.  N Sync (or however you write their name) will go the way of the New Kids on the Block, Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera will go the way of Debbie Gibson & Tiffany, Dawson will go the way of 90210, and those baggy pants will go the way of parachute pants.  All I gotta do is wait it out.  And for all you kids out there, here’s some fashion advice: You can’t go wrong with some Ray-Ban sunglasses, a clean t-shirt, and a pair of Levi jeans.  Trust me.

8)      Owning stuff.  Y’know, when I was in my 20s, if a hurricane hit my apartment and destroyed all my material possessions I’d be out… almost $40.  Now, I’ve got a nice TV (Sony), a DVD player, a stereo system, a good computer, a nice bed, some wooden furniture… and a car that stays together without a staple-gun or duct-tape.  It’s great!  I feel like a budding Donald Trump.

9)  Diminished idiocy.  No offense to the younger crowd...it’s not that your intellectual capacity is less than mine… it’s just that you’ve accumulated odd bits of information without learning how to determine what’s relevant and what’s not.  I don’t wanna sound overly preachy here, but you kids haven’t figured out that every current event doesn’t signal the end of life as we know it.  Still wrapped in me-first egocentrism, you have trouble realizing that not everything happening now is important.  Let it go.  Young people with a modicum of education are some of the most uncomfortably paranoid citizens in America.  Calm down and have some beer nuts.

See?  Not everything about turning 30 is negative.  A few positive curves can be found along the way.  They say that youth is wasted on the young (a statement undoubtedly uttered by some bitter geezer in a wheelchair), but despite any jealousy I might feel towards my younger brethren, I’m glad you guys are around.  After all, someone needs to bag my groceries and bring me my Big Mac…
TESTIFY SISTER!!!!...AMEN!! ;D :D