Author Topic: Any good recipes for doggie treats or cookies that anyone is willing to share?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
The kids want to bake cookies and I refuse because I will eat them all :o  So I asked them what they thought about making some for the pups and for once in my life my teenagers AGREED with me!!!
SO if anyone has any recipes or a site that has any and is willing to share, please let me know.
TIA,
Michelle
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
I've got a good one. Healthy too, if your pup doesn't have allergies to corn meal.
             PEANUT BUTTER DOG BISCUITS
1 1/2 CUP WATER               1/4 CUP CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER
1/2 CUP CANOLA OIL            2 TABLESPOONS VANILLA
2 EGGS
              MIX TOGETHER AND POUR INTO:
2 1/2 CUPS WHEAT FLOUR         3/4 CUP UNBLEACHED FLOUR
1 CUP CORN MEAL                3/4 CUP ROLLED OATS

Mix until smooth. Roll into ball and place on floured wax paper, pastry sheet or counter top. (Note: I use the wheat flour, generously) Roll out 1/2 inch thick, 1/4 if you want them crisper, and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn off oven and leave in for at least two hours or even overnight. They will keep for about two weeks but I like to freeze them and use as needed.
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Could I just omit the corn meal in those cookies?  We think it may be the  corn that causes Kira's hotspots.  Since we have been feeding her corn free kibble, no hot spots.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
I don't know. Maybe you could try something else with a like texture. Bran??? Any suggestions folks?
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"