Author Topic: What is your AKC name?  (Read 16865 times)

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: What is your AKC name?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2005, 11:17:51 pm »
Nashoba's AKC and APRI name is Auggie vom Texomaland and I did not name him.  I did name him Nashoba which is wolf in Chickasaw Indian, which I am.  Sadie is Burghilde's Sadie VonIssk and I did name her.  Burghilde is the kennel where she is from and VonIssk was to be my kennel name.  It stands for von (of) Indian Song Shepherd Kennels.  Minta

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2005, 11:18:42 pm »
Nashoba's AKC and APRI name is Auggie vom Texomaland and I did not name him.  I did name him Nashoba which is wolf in Chickasaw Indian, which I am.  Sadie is Burghilde's Sadie VonIssk and I did name her.  Burghilde is the kennel where she is from and VonIssk was to be my kennel name.  It stands for von (of) Indian Song Shepherd Kennels.  Minta

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 06:03:31 am »
Thanks for sharing everyone :)  I think its fun to hear what other people are naming their dogs as their "official" AKC name.  We always have fun when we go to dog shows or watch them on tv and hear all the different names. Whether your names are fun or serious they are all fabulous ;D

Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 06:08:02 am »
Maia is just plain Maia Lucy because I couldn't decide what to name her.
Rocco isn't registerable but if he was he would be Big Butt Rocco Tocco.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 06:36:55 am »
Rica has 'Carho's Don't Fence Me IN' as her offical CKC name. She is a curly coated retriever for those who have never seen the breed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:38:46 am by traklover »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 06:37:43 am »
I think I'm going with for Grace..."Fast and Furious Grace Paws of Fire"
I have a vote on here and it's a 50 50 tie.

Offline Joey

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 07:12:52 am »
Our farm name is Talking Timbers Farm, and our registered name for all of our Nigerian Dwarf goats is Talking Timber. We're thinking we'd like to also use it as our kennel name.

During the sinking of the Titanic off the coast of Newfoundland on April 14, 1912, Molly Brown was reputed to have rowed for seven and a half hours and delivered herself and her passengers to safety on Lifeboat No.6. She became known as the only woman to have done so and thus earned her nickname "Unsinkable". Later, she liked to entertain the society leaders with her picturesque descriptions of the event. Many historians, however, consider Molly Brown's story to be only a legend.

Since Molly is a Newfoundland (who are known for rescueing people in water), she is brown (which also happens to be my maiden name), and she truely seems to be "unsinkable":-)  We are thinking of registering her with AKC as............ .............. ..Talking Timber legend Of Molly.

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 05:06:37 am »
Oh I love to hear all the names!!

Bryce's is: CKC (Canadian Kennel Club) Seabears Sailors Delight, call name Bryce.

Monty was our sweet rescue we helped rescue from a puppy mill.  He's very special to us also.  He's not Papered, but we call him Monty Pythons Revenge.  Monty for short!!  I mean come on, his name had to be as long as Bryces!!!
 ;D

We're already working on name three, but we're not quite ready for a pup yet.  Just looking!

Luv

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 06:03:40 am »

All my puppies will have names that start with Redyre, which is my kennel name.

My current pup, Penny, was named by me. It had to be an "F" name.

Someone else was supposed to have this puppy and backed out on taking her when she was 8 weeks old. Lucky me.

So her name is Eternal Moon Finders Keepers.  Well, NOW it's UCH Eternal Moon Finders Keepers. You can see where the call name Penny came from. :D

My middle girl I named as well, her name had to have the word IMAGE in it. Her name is Crajo's Spit 'N' Image TT (she needs one leg for her Rally Novice title).

My older girl I did not name, she came from Germany, and her name is V-Fenja vom Sonnenhugel IPO1 AD BH TT

My next litter will be my "B" litter, and I'm going to have a theme word for the litter. I have not decided quite what it will be. I like just plain "B".

As in B Serious, B Naughty, B Mine, etc, or

Beyond....

As in Beyond Beautiful, Beyond Incredible, etc.

Of course you will all have to help me come up with great names when the time comes.

:D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 06:55:39 am »
My boxer girl's name will be when I send it off. I keep forgetting too. IS PHILLIPS'S SWEET DIXIE.  Dewey our Chihuahua is  Phillips's Deputy Dewey .  Then Their is Lutientant Dan but he is not registered. THEY ARE ALL D's dan dewey and dixie. I am looking to get a brindle male around christmas or in january. I am going to stay with the D's  so it might be somthing like Sargent Duke. If you have a Name that will go with this group please tell Me or help me. Of course when I get hte pup its personality will be determing factor.  I love suggestions with D of course.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Kiahpyr

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 07:25:34 am »
My great pyrenees names is S&L's Kiah Tajsa of Allinga. S&L is the kennel name kept from the breeder. Kiah means "from a beautiful place" Tajsa of Allinga means "princess of the sun". Her name is Australian Aboriginal.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 02:48:37 pm »
Since Keiko is obviously not registerable, she is simply known as Psycho Keiko (rhymes).

Gunther I keep forgetting to send his in.  I'm starting to run out of time here.

I have it narrowed down to three names.  Either

"Little Warrior Within".............h e likes to think he's tough, but he's really a big chicken
"Little Man by the Sea"............my nickname for him is Little Man, and right now we live by the sea
 or "Sailer's Little Marine".......our last name is Sailer, and my husband is in the USMC

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 05:02:19 pm »
my giant schnauzer is KNOCK OUT'S WINSTON CHURCHHILL  and my boxer is KNOCK OUT'S NEW YORK NEW YORK
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline k9obsessed

• Gnawer
  • Chi ama me, ama il mio cani
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2005, 09:17:08 pm »
Some of them are:
     Bug = Telperions Whats Up Doc
     Sassy = Santas Forest Ms B Haven
     Stuff = Konocti's Blizzard of Oz

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 09:22:28 pm »
Sasha's AKC name is Little Miss Alexandra.