Author Topic: Pictures of my Oliver  (Read 8419 times)

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Pictures of my Oliver
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:21:18 pm »
Thank God for my cuddle buddy. Hubby snapped this while he was home on R&R

Baby talk to my boy

Oliver cuddling the love of his life, the lovley miss Abigail.

You can't see from this angle really, but the way their legs and feet meet makes a heart. They lay like this all the time.

Me giving Ollie kisses, he usually enjoys this but I think he was tired of having his pictures taken as he looks less than enthused =p

Does anyone have any opinions on whether or not he might be purebred. We don't care, we took him assuming he was a mutt. All the other poochies are mixed breeds. But the more pictures I have seen of pyrs the more I think he may be a pet quality purebred.

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of my Oliver
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:24:32 pm »
Oliver is a looker for sure! :-* It looks like he is a Pyr to me :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 02:27:37 pm »
Thank you. The more I think about it the more I think it less likley that he is a mixed breed. He even has the double dew claws and as I mentioned in his intro has an uncanny knack for showing affection with a big paw rub... or sometimes smack ;) I had been told by a pyr rescue in the area he probably wasnt because of the black in his biscuit mask, but I have seen several purebreds online with this coloring. I almost wish he were a mutt as its more fun and speculation that way :)

We ruined all the fun with our Abigail by getting her DNA tested. She is Austrailian Shepherd, rough coated collie, and an eency weency bit of st. bernard.

"A dog is not "almost human," and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:24:47 pm »
he is so handsome!! thank you for sharing :D

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 09:38:30 am »
when it comes to the Pyr breed and thier standard, Im clueless but I can tell you that I think your boy is just handsome as ever and my Akita was just walking by and stopped, looked and sniffed his pictures. ;)
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 10:00:13 am »
He looks full pyr to me but I dont own one so I am not sure.  He is beautiful anyways!!!  Our springer Baxter is in LOVE with our wiem Bell like Oliver and Abbigail!!!   ;D ;D ;D  If he wasnt nuetered and her not spayed he would love to make babies with her.  Thank goodness they are!!! ;)
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

marypyrs

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 10:08:01 am »
I agree. Oliver looks pure Pyr to me too.

Funny thing. Some years ago I had a person who "knew everything" tell me that Quanah was NOT a pure Pyr because "everyone knows that Pyrs are pure white!" I just let it go ~ ~

Handsome sweet fellow! He's SO lucky to have "found you" and his Ms Abigail.

marypyrs

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 03:03:29 pm »
Ya know guys - I've been working out in the yard off and on all day. (73 degrees so it's a heatwave. :P) And I couldn't stop thinking about Oliver's Daddy. His Family back here in the States. And all the other Dads, Moms, Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters, and on and on who are deployed all over the world. So - I'm wondering if perhaps there might be a "list" started where we may write/post pics/give updates of our own families to reach out & tell some of the "funny side" of our furry friends. ? ? ? Know what I mean?

Just a thought. ?   

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »
when it comes to the Pyr breed and thier standard, Im clueless but I can tell you that I think your boy is just handsome as ever and my Akita was just walking by and stopped, looked and sniffed his pictures. ;)

sorry to have to break this to you Miss. Kira-Akita... but Oliver is happily married to Abigail :p hehe

Offline MeAndMyMuttz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 09:50:58 pm »
Ya know guys - I've been working out in the yard off and on all day. (73 degrees so it's a heatwave. :P) And I couldn't stop thinking about Oliver's Daddy. His Family back here in the States. And all the other Dads, Moms, Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters, and on and on who are deployed all over the world. So - I'm wondering if perhaps there might be a "list" started where we may write/post pics/give updates of our own families to reach out & tell some of the "funny side" of our furry friends. ? ? ? Know what I mean?

Just a thought. ?   

sounds wonderful. Its good to know people are still thinking of our soldiers. Especially my amazing Hubby. :D