Author Topic: Crazy Week & Weekend Events... (long & Lots of pics)  (Read 5833 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Crazy Week & Weekend Events... (long & Lots of pics)
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:37:09 pm »
for the last few months we've been planning out a trip for woofstock & the  bull terrier club of canada's annual picnic. Luckily, they are the same weekend, so we have no real problems! a friend of ours ended up getting a place in the area, and said we can stay with her. so, awesome, no hotel!!!
Darcy and I had been iffing and awing over who to bring. Jigsaw for sure, because shes our best behaved one. and i
was planning to get her heart tested while we were down there. i thought maybe just the girls, would be nice. but darcy kept insisting on bringing Memphis. Memphis goes every year he says. it is in memory of Zeus, he says. (to those who don't know, Zeus was our dane who crossed the bridge a few days after attending our first woofstock). so i said fine. memphis can come.
My friend moved into her place, but they dont alow big dogs in the appartments. so again, we can't bring memphis. so we think about bringing zero, and having him muzzled for "just in case". but thats no fun for zero at all! So then my friend tells us she has no bed, no couches, no furnature at all!so we decide its best to get a hotel. so, of course, darcy calls around to make sure they are pet friendly and can bring multiple pets.  so again, we are bringing memphis...
i tried to make an appointment to get jigsaw her heart testing for  the weekend we will be there (thurs,fri,sat). they say the only time they have availible is Weds. or two weeks later. i say thank you. but we wont be leaving that early... and are 6-7hrs from the clinic, that we wont be making that trip again soon. Darcy ended up having Weds. off and claimed he worked Thursday for a few hours in the morning. that we'd leave in the noon. well he didnt go in til noon and i went with him to bring zero for bording. darcy was NOT needed that day, he just sat around and chatted!!!! we could have went a day early and got the heart test done and over with! ughh. anyways...
we pack up the car thursday, and head towards toronto.  we get about an hour south when it started POURING rain. it rained the entire way to toronto. stopping when we finally got to our hotel. basically, we ordered a pizza and crashed. Jigsaw however, decided at 3am and 6am to wake us up for potty time...
Friday, we decide to go to the zoo. Since we didnt do anything for our anniversary really, this was our little treat... the whole thing was great. i've never been to the toronto zoo. it was beautiful. so many animals. we went to the sting ray exhibit, where you can pet them. wow it was a great experience. i ended up with a really really bad sun burn on my face and arms. I broke my sunglasses and, ripped the crotch right out of my shorts!!! so we left the zoo. went to the hotel, relaxed for a bit, or, what little we could with jigsaw jumping around... when we were fed up with her jumping on us, we went to buy me a new memory card for my camera, more batteries and a new pair of shorts.
You girls know, when you buy pants/shorts a certain size will fit. but you try it on just to make sure? well i tried on my usual size. dont fit. try size higher, DONT FIT. one more size higher- DONT FIT. so i was feeling totally FAT. and not happy about it. i finally found a pair of shorts that i really liked (and that fit).went back to the hotel, watched some tv, crashed... Jigs, again, kept us up most of the night.
Saturday, Woofstock... we left early so we can get a good parkin spot. we got there, and just get  up the hill past the enterance, this huge lab (with a muzzle) LUNGES out at memphis. luckily it missed. but Jigsaw saw and tried to protect memphis. so i had to control her and get her away from there.  the lab owner didnt even appologize.  we walked around, got like 100 free samples for memphis, treats, cookies, free leis and some doggy frozen yogurt. we saw so many breeds. we got about half way done the first street, my cell phone rings my friend gloria is there, at the enterance waiting for us- we walk that way. can't find her so we decide to empty my purse from treats (since the car is only about 5 mins from the enterence). empty it, gave the dogs some water, some yogurt and then head back. we see them. and this lady rushes over, telling us to give memphis water. that he needed to have water. and since we had stopped. memphis decided to lay down for a break. we told her memphis just had a bunch of water. somone brings a bucket to memph, he has two drinks and thats it! he didnt want none. that lady who kept egging us to give him water (i know she was only looking out for him...)kept insisting to give him more (even tho there was a bucket beside him).
darcy decided that it was time to take memphis back to the hotel, said me and gloria and aaron can stay with the other two. we split up, get about 5 mins away when my cell rings. darcy says memphis couldnt make it back to the car. hes collapsed and asked us to meet him.we rush back, and already there is 2 vets and about 10 helpers helping to cool memphis down with water, wet towels and ice packs. they yelled at us to "get that bully out of the sun!"  when jigs was sitting in the shade watching her big brother.  we move out of the sun so they'd quit yelling, and darcy and aaron ran to go get the car. an onlooker asked why we didnt put him in the pool. one vet nicely said "because he could go into shock" another helper says "He could drown" and started to laugh! That infuriated me. how dare she laugh at something like that! In front of me at that! I cursed her and walked away before i lost it! the car got to us and we loaded memph up. he was back to normal again. we took him and the other two to the hotel. then we sat with them to make sure they were all alright. put them in their crates, gave them some food & water, and we went out for supper with our friends. Darcy insisted the bill was on him. i told him we should go somewhere cheap.and everyone else decided to go Montanas. id never been there. i had chicken and potatoes. everyone else had Ribs!!!! the bill was over 120$! which darcy really cant afford, but paid anyway.  i offered for him to put it on my visa, but he refused. (im going to be paying for gas for the car for the next two weeks i know it). Anyways, after supper we rushed back to woofstock to pick up some goodies, i didnt even get to finish looking before memph crashed. so i wanted to go back. and boy oh boy, people there sure treat u different if you dont have a dog! no samples. no nothing! everyone asked how mem was doing, we told them hes fine, back to his old self again. and they were relieved. i picked up some goodies for the dogs, and we left. went back to check on the dogs, then went to see Don't Mess with the Zohan! it was a cute movie, not worth 20 bucks to see though.
The next day we went to the bull terrier of canada clubs annual picnic. its about an hour from Toronto, so off we go... packed up the car, checked out of the hotel and had a  long hot drive. It wasnt too bad, though jigsaw kept moving around, she is very restless!  We get to the driveway of the picnic area, and memphis decides he has to have a poo! so, he goes in the car. (we were about 10 feet from parking). so we stop the car, Clean up the mess, and kept driving. Parked and took the sheet we put on the seats out(luckily we had it there). we ran and got a nice spot under the shade. and had a nice relaxing sit before many others came.
we met up with some old friends and made new ones. there was a couple who had a red boy who was jigsaws half brother!!! and we havent ever met a relative of Jigsaw, so we were quite excited. Sadly this boy was CRAZY and barked and tryed to bite everyone! *which makes me thank god jigs is well behaved*. we entered jigsaw into a costume contest, all she had were doggles, but she was one cool chick. she didnt win, but she got a complementary mug with the BTCC logo on it! next was the bully olympics (which is basically a crappy version of agility). i bugged darcy to enter and finally he agreed. so i put her name down, and when it was her turn (2nd last) she did AMAZING. darcy handled her so well. and when he got back to me, he said they told him so far Jigs had the best time! and so- Jigs won 1st place at the Olympics. she will be featured in the BTCC monthly flyer and on their website. Yay! she got a gift bag with lots of goodies. big thing of treats, H2o to go, rope bone, and some other things.we waited around had the group photo, and did the raffle. everyone kept getting their numbers called but us... one lady won like 5 times, and then gave us one of her winning tickets because she felt bad. and so we picked a glass plate with a BT logo on it! its gorgeous!
anyways, now that its all over. we are home and back, and tired right out... phew, we wont be bringin memphis back to woofstock ever again, sadly. it is too much for him, with his hips, and size, etc. we will bring the two bts next year so they both experiance the picnic, even if we must muzzle zero (for OUR sanity). anyways. on with some pix?

Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

AudgePadge

Re: Crazy Week & Weekend Events... (long & Lots of pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:40:15 pm »
lol...I just read that WHOLE thing....and noooo pics.... :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:36 pm »
a few from the zoo

This is how a rattle snake sees- the more white the more appitizing. hed eat me first.

we got to pet these sting rays. they are awesome. and so beautiful

My attempt at a rabbit face?

Woofstock pix

For Liz

in the car on the way to the picnic

Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 04:42:44 pm »
at the picnic

Jigsaws Half Brother Gnarly

Jigsaw's run @ the Olympics

we hosed reba down

the drive home (4hr drive)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 05:39:54 pm by Gevaudan_Jo »
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:05:28 pm »
those are great pictures.  I love the car on the way to the picnic picture.  :)  what a good time.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 06:23:03 pm »
Those are wonderful photos Jodi!!! I love the ride back pictures ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »
Thank you!!!! I knew you'd all love those pics in the back seat  :D who says big dogs and small dogs can't live together peacefully eh!   ;)
Tina, thank you for your kind words about Memphis. He will be 5 next month and he has aged alot lately (im sure you can tell by how totally grey his muzzle is) it takes a toll on him, his hips are gettin worse, his activity level, but we still love him :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 09:31:07 am »
AWww Poor Memphis. Its so hard to see them age. Puck had really slowed down and it well..just sucks!
My fav pics are the backseat ones  ;D ;D
Wow you had a crazy busy weekend...you need to have a rest now. ;)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 01:59:24 pm »
Thanks again everyone. we too, are glad memphis is alright and back to his goofy old self. barking his fool head off at his own shadow  ::)
Liz, we will be going back that way eventually for Jigsaws heart test (possibly soon) and then we are off to the east coast. no shows for us this summer so we really arent going to be down your way much. but in about 3-4 months you HAVE to come visit me... Just you wait- you will beg Jamie to bring you!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo