Author Topic: Found: 2 possible lab / lab mix puppies  (Read 7237 times)

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Found: 2 possible lab / lab mix puppies
« on: June 11, 2008, 09:45:57 pm »
BPO I need your help, we were going to my mom's today and saw 2 possible black lab puppies on the road. I could not leave them there as it was noticeable they were malnurished. They were both under fed and one was beaten, they are both boys, I can not keep due to same sex aggression with malamutes and worry about what could / cold not happen. I will post pics tomorrow with weight and ages. They are sweet, one is very much timid, he is all black the other has white on his chest and is very outgoing and knows sit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:55:10 pm by LuvmyMal »

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Found: 2 possible lab / lab mix puppies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:46:40 am »
I think for a short time they will, but not sure about long term as they grow. Adak is a good dog, but I have seen the aggression with other dogs as they go for alpha. They will have atleast one round of shots today, if they check out we will introduce them and see. The active one pees everyewhere I am almost positive due to nerves, everytime he sees or hears someone he piddles and the other just shakes. They cuddle together it is so cute, I just went to check and potty break them and they were sound asleep. Josh bathed and took some pics last night, I will try to get them posted ASAP.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:06:11 am »
I have possible good news....someon e is looking for the pups. We have to turn them over to animal control with word that if the owners do not come to call us immediately! Also showing them the open wounds on one dogs face.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 09:56:35 am »
Don't be so quick to assume the owners are the ones that hurt the puppies (although, of course it is possibly). It may be that the puppies were stolen out of the backyard and someone else hurt them, they could have gotten out of a safe situation at home and were attacked by stray dogs or another animal, they could have been hurt by stupid kids while they were lost.

I think it's a good sign that someone is looking for them. Typically, if dog parents don't care about their dogs enough that they are intentionally causing injuries, they aren't going to be actively searching for them if they run away or turn up missing.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 10:09:39 am »
Per AC it appeared one was kicked in the face with a boot, not sure who did it though. The owners weren't there when he took them. Our main concern was that: They did not get hit by a car and they go back home or to a loving home. One of us is going to call later to make sure the owners picked them up as we do NOT want them getting PTS they are really precious and the one that was extra cautious was walking around wagging his tail at Josh this morning. Their gums and teeth and poop looked really good though, so I am in hopes it was not the owners that abused them and that they pick them up very quickly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:13:33 am by LuvmyMal »