Author Topic: Wish I hadn't opened  (Read 4258 times)

jesday

Wish I hadn't opened
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:48:21 am »
Oh my gosh, what is going on today? So many posts about lost beaten puppies, starving pitbulls, puppies thrown off cliffs by Marines. It just breaks my heart and I find I am unable to stop crying. :'( :'( I'd like to say I'm a little PMSy, but kind of past that stage of life.

Thanks goodness for people who not only find, but do something about these animals. And to the Marine... not much I can publicly post about him. :-X >:(

I think I better check out The Brindle Pack and watch some puppy videos.

Thanks to all the animals lovers on BPO.

marypyrs

Re: Wish I hadn't opened
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 12:35:14 pm »
I started typing an up beat response. I'm trying to keep those thoughts in mind. Because - thankfully - groups like BPO ( the best in my mind ) have made SUCH a difference in many ways.

Just got another email re: one of the Pyrs from the Hoarder in this area rescued a couple weeks ago. "Sammy" is a 7+ yo Pyr Boy who's Foster can not keep him much longer. (I met this fellow and he's the sweetest boy ever.) They thought he might be a good candidate for a LGD but after spending his life tethered to a tree on a 6 ft chain he really doesn't "know" much about being a LGD. Mind you. It's NOT the Foster's fault. Not at all. It's the irresponsible breeding and irresponsible puppy buyers who cause such things.

When I cool down a bit I might post the response I got back after writing Max's "Breeder" ???? breeder ? ? ? ?

Think I'll go check back on The Brindle Pack and Paige's Famous Six Puppies & LoneStar Pyrs & Paws for a "good feel check" before I go back online to attempt to find this fellow some help.

In the mean time my mind is in a bad place thinking about "things".

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:47:23 pm »

Think I'll go check back on Paige's Famous Six Puppies & LoneStar Pyrs & Paws for a "good feel check" before I go back online to attempt to find this fellow some help.

Have you seen sweet Mandy for adoption? She is the cutest little thing ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »
Oh yes. I've seen Mandy on the site and talked with Paige about her. She's an absolute Love! You've just got to love those Pyr Puppy Fuzzies! I know. I know. Some call it the "Uglies" at this stage. But we all know that we L O V E this stage.

Thanks! You gave me a smile.  :)

jesday

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 07:07:50 pm »
Thanks for the pick-me-up. Nothing cuter than a flaked out dog.  By the way, my name is Elizabeth. I'm used to giving jesday (Jack, Elizabeth, Sammy)as user names for most things, but sounds a little impersonal for this site. I think I'll change my profile.

I like the description of 'lollipop head' our Sophie seems to have the same thing going on. Fur all the way around like a big puff ball.

Thanks again.