Author Topic: Fedex man would'nt come in this am, poor guy.  (Read 6509 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Fedex man would'nt come in this am, poor guy.
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:42:40 am »
He thought Gunner was a fila mastiff.  He showed me the bandaged up thigh of his that a 7 mos Fila gave him 2 weeks ago.  He had 13 stitches on his thigh. He said that Gunner was identical to the one that had attacked him.  Gunner is an english/bull mastiff mix.
I had ordered some food from K9 cuisine and it finally got here.  It's been awhile since this guy as delivered to us and he has met Kira before but never met Gunner.
I tried to convince him that Gunner is non-aggresive but he said it's too soon for him.  I felt bad for him and Gunner.  Gunner looked so hurt that the man wouldnt pet him.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Fedex man would'nt come in this am, poor guy.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:57:39 am »
Aww poor Gunner.  People do that with ou dogs too.  They see Bell and they are stopping dead in their tracks. 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 11:33:35 pm »
That poor man!   :o  :(   
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Rajas Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Feeling a little cramped in the car (by choice)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 11:34:57 pm »
I had a similar situation with my new next door neighbors who were outside doing yard work.  They kept asking me about Raja, finally I replied, "She is as gentle as a lamb."  At that exact moment little Shadow started barking so I picked her up.  Bo and Raja hate when I hold Shadow and both lunged at me/Shadow at the same time. Shadow began antangonizing Raja, and the neighbors said, "Gentle as a lamb, huh?"  

I tried to correct them, then thought, why bother?  Who needs an alarm system when everyone in the neighborhood is scared of my large dogs?  Why bother setting them straight? (I live in a borderline neighborhood, as in half yuppy half gehtto).  
Raja (Our Princess), 3 yr St. Benard
Charlie (Our Calico Cat), 3 yr
Bocephus (Wild & Crazy Lab), RIP
Shadow (Secretly a Cat Schipperke Mix), RIP

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:49:55 am »
Being the house in the neighborhood that has the "big, vicious, dogs" is not always a bad thing.  It certainly makes me feel safer.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 10:49:36 pm »
Well, our old "meter man" was afraid of the dachshunds! (This was before we got Tank, the newfie mix) So, now we have a new one, that is not afraid of them at all and just walks through them to the meter, checks it, then leaves. I try to watch for him, so that I can put them inside. Because they all bark at the guy and I could see how that could scare someone! lol

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 01:17:32 am »
Grace has scared off a few delivery people too.  I'm sure they meet a lot of dogs that aren't as well behaved as the BPO pups. 

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 04:22:37 pm »
We used to have a UPS man who was terrified of dogs. We got a lot of packages when Zoey was just a puppy, and he would jump every time he saw her, even if she was on the other side of the door or the other side of the yard. He stopped knocking on the door and I would find packages in front of the door. I always felt bad for him, because I know it's tought to live a life in fear of even something as wonderful as puppies
RIP former BPO

marypyrs

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 04:55:53 pm »
I have one of the greatest UPS Guys ever! He loves dogs and these guys know it. YEAH UPS!!!! If I'm snowed in he'll 'run' up this long steep 1/4 mile lane in knee deep snow and if I'm washed out in the spring he leaves packages in a special place below the hill.

No treats. Just a get down on the ground and hug 'um type of fellow. So - here's to Bob!!!!!! The Best UPS GUY ever!  :D