Author Topic: NDR: Teavana anyone?  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
NDR: Teavana anyone?
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:23:50 am »
I just had a phone interview for a store manager position at a Teavana store in San Antonio. It went really well and I have a 2nd interview scheduled with the VP of HR next Thursday.

All I know about Teavana is what I've read on their website and it seems a lot like Starbucks - only tea instead of coffee. Has anyone been to one of these stores? Do you have some insight that might help with my next interview.

From what I heard about the company from the woman who interviewed me today, I'm really impressed with the company and their training process. The store is scheduled to open in September so I have plenty of time to move and give notice if hired.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I seem to be Queen of the initial interview and for some reason don't wow 'em as much during the 2nd so any advice or info. on the company is greatly appreciated!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: NDR: Teavana anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:44:49 am »

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I seem to be Queen of the initial interview and for some reason don't wow 'em as much during the 2nd so any advice or info. on the company is greatly appreciated!
Hey it's better than being me...I can apply for 30 jobs and not hear from anyone! And I always get a job if I am invited for an interview ::)
Sorry, I know nothing about the Co. but I really wish you GOOD LUCK! Go get em :-*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 11:04:56 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: NDR: Teavana anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:24:54 pm »
Thanks for the info. and the well-wishes. I'm really excited about the possibility. Even though I really like Starbucks, I think it's time for a change. Things are getting really tense at Starbucks and it's all rolling downhill.

I really like what Teavana had to say about incentives for their team members - even the part time sales associates can achieve a bonus every month - and the managers have the potential to bonus every month and SUPER Bonus quarterly!

It's nice that they give that opportunity to the sales staff, and I would LOVE to be able to work mall hours and not have to be at work at 5am or work until after midnight!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain