Author Topic: I fell for a dog who happens to be a Newf.  (Read 14456 times)

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: I fell for a dog who happens to be a Newf.
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 08:27:03 pm »
My gosh it sounds just like Annabelle..... .......She was also depressed and very quiet. And o so clingy. She has become very playfull and happy. We left all the dogs at home in their run and kennel from 4am till 7pm the day before yesterday. And when we got home she was so frantic :'(. And again very clingy yesterday, but today she is "cool" again 8). They need to learn that you will come back ;)
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 05:56:33 am »
Bosco sounds so like Annabelle, she is still clingy and also bossed around by our smaller bitch, tessa :D. But they are great pals now and even sleep together. We have done a few newf rescues now and they seem to just want to fit into the family. I am sure that there are opposite stories though. I think it would be difficult to take on a second hand newf from a caring family. Ours have all been mistreated. we have found that the newfs we have had from puppies are very secure and confident.The rescues will just do anything to please you and a bit insecure for life. I am sure that you will enjoy your new friend. We have had Annabelle for five weeks now. And she is just a very big part of us :)
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 07:49:08 pm »
Ummm..heellllo oo?? Where I have I been to have missed this????  I'm so happy about you and Bosco- I loved catching up on all the details!  I have to say, we first had Champ; we got him from a very reputable breeder and let's just say that he's such a male DIVA!  On the other hand, we rescued Winston (our Newfie) and there's not a day that goes by that I don't feel him telling me "thanks."  I love my Champ, but there's just something really special about a rescue that loves you! 

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing more pics!!!

Gentian

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2008, 09:53:00 pm »
He's definitely part of the family now.  Henry, our oldest dog, has decided he can stay. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:17:20 am by Gentian »