Author Topic: Mom's, Hug your kids today....  (Read 2573 times)

bigdogs@5501

Mom's, Hug your kids today....
« on: June 22, 2008, 07:02:05 pm »
Friday I got a phone call that my son had been in a car accident. He was on the interstate and another car came over on him, hit him and he lost control. Of course the other driver kept on going. Thankfully there was a witness who happened to be a nurse and she was the first on the scene. He walked away with minor injuries, I am still horrified that I could have lost him that day and I am not sure how he walked away. He rolled at least 3 times. Also I am thankful that he had his seat belt on. As a mother, one of my biggest fears has always been that one of my kids would be in a bad car accident. I didnt let myself even think about how close I came to losing him until that nite, it was tough to keep it together. So go and hug your kids, I am now reminded each day of how precious life really is and how it can be over in a split second.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Mom's, Hug your kids today....
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 10:26:36 pm »
Holy Cow, I m glad to hear that he is ok!  I hope the creep who hit and ran is caught!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:40:16 pm »
Oh my gosh, how terrifying!  Thank goodness that your son is doing ok, but I bet that he is really sore.  The car looks awful.   :o  :(  Our oldest son is 15 1/2 now and could get his driver's permit, but we're holding off for a while longer.  It's one of my biggest fears, too.  From one mom to another, here's a big ((hug)) and a gentle one for your son, too.  I'm so glad that he's going to be ok.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 08:13:21 am »
O M G!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 06:29:06 pm »
I was also in a serious accident on the highway last year - we rolled over multiple times in a covertable with the top down and crashed into a ton of trees :o I think that angels or karma or something were watching out for me. I am sure it was the same for your son.  :)

Even though he only had minor injuries, make sure to get lots of ice packs and ice cream and take extra special care of him the next few days because he's going to be in pain  :-\

PS - I hope everyone wears their seatbelts religiously. They really do save lives!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:31:48 pm by shangrila »
RIP former BPO