Author Topic: New to newf site  (Read 2668 times)

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
New to newf site
« on: June 23, 2008, 05:40:34 am »
Hi Everyone, new to this site and just looking in to the newf part. I am the proud new owner of a rescue newf called Annabelle. She is such a darling. And she is the new companion of our Border CollieXGolden retriever Tessa My and Australian Kelpie Nugget. We had just recently lost our beloved Rescue Newf Zack and the Newf rescue people sent us a picture of Annabele, see attached. She looked soooo sad :-[ And had been looking for a home for 3-4 months. So we drove the 600kms and picked her up. She was out of control and quite scared of my hubby, but with a lot of love and some "tough love" she has become such a doll. We took her to a trainer this weekend to test her for aggression, as she barks at all men. But he says she is just worried,very shy and not aggresive. Even when he pushed towards her and with his amazing one hour training session, made her a lot more confident and she was great with him and his male friend, whom he asked to approach her.He has shown us some methods and we are now going for weekly sessions. :)She will be socialized with people and dogs. She adores kids and is good with horses and dogs. Someone has been very hard on this dog. She is thin, weighing 39kgs, she will be about 50 when we have her up to weight. She is just the most cuddly dog. Just nuzzles in to you and she is lying on my feet right now.How can people do these things to dogs.
Tessa adores her, as she was missing her mate Zack so much. We still miss him so much. He had his third stroke and had to be put down. He is my atavar, in memory of a great friend.He also had a sad life before we took him in.
I love newfs and wil always be owned by a newf. Tessa looks like a mini newf. And Nugget is our work dog, now retired.I hope to learn from and enjoy this site ;)
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: New to newf site
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 07:06:57 am »
Welcome to BPO!!  Im Michelle and I am owned by Kira, an akita and Gunner, a mastiff.
Im sorry to hear of your loss.  I look forward to hearing more about your girl and her progress,  she sounds like a great pup.
The more I hear about newfs and the more pic's I see make me want one!!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline Lula The Goofy Newfie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:18:28 pm »
Welcome! This site is truly a great community.  There is so much information and so many funny stories! It truly makes you fall deeper in love with your own Goofy Newfie ;)

We are currently in the process of looking to add a second Newfoundland to our family.  I have been very interested in 'rescuing' a Newf.  If we chose to take this route do you have any reccomendation s for finding a Newfoundland rescue in the midwest? We are currently living in East Lansing, MI.

Again, welcome!
Hills — Sir — and the Sundown — and a Dog — large as myself, that my Father bought me.

Emily Dickinson, responding to an acquaintance's question in a letter: "Who are your companions?" She went into reclusion when only 32, preferring her Newfoundland's company to that of humans.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:02:01 pm »
Hi & welcome!  I am very sorry for your loss, it's heartbreaking to lose one of our furry family members.  I think that it's a wonderful though that you adopted your new pup.  I can't wait to hear more about Annabelle and your other sweeties.  I'm Marie and my pups are listed below.  I'm glad that you found us.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees