Author Topic: Just back from the vet  (Read 3788 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Just back from the vet
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:02:31 am »
and I officially have two mini-horses!!
Kira went in for her routine distemper vac and she was having some runny discharge from her eyes,  her allergies are back in full swing and she has a minor eye infection.  SO now I have the pleasure of wrestling her twice a day to get drops in her eyes!  She is quite hefty at 97 LBS and needs to lose some.  The vet recommended switching her to a senior formula since she will be 7 in Sept and needs more exercise.
Gunner will be 5 mos on the 12th and weighs 55 lbs.  He had his last puppy vacc.  :-\  today. She said he looks great and is growing evenly, even though he gained 15 lbs in one month(to me that seems to be a bit much but she doesnt seem concerned at all)
Overall they are both doing great aside from being a fatty and an eye infection and allergies!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

marypyrs

Re: Just back from the vet
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:11:27 am »
When I started to read your post I had visions of you coming home from the Vet with two actual Mini Horses in the back of your vehicle.  :)  ;)

Glad the Vet check was a good one.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:26:13 am »
lol,  I was comparing my two to a mother and foal mini-horse  that was at the vet this morning.  Together the two horses only weighed 10 lbs more than Kira and Gunner together!  Dr. J said I had my own pair of mini-horses..lol! Kira is actually taller than the mother and the baby was SOOOO freaking cute and curious. I swear he was the size of a large rat terrier and he was 3 mos old. His skin mom said that he extremely small as is his mom.

Believe me if I could have taken those 2 home I would have and your vision would have been right on  ;D
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:26 am »
Glad your two are doing good.  Gunner is really growing.  I would love to see some pics of him...Poor Kira..My lab is a little on the hefty side but was so proud of her.  She had lost 6 pounds when I took her in like 3 wks ago! Sorry Kira is suffering with the allergies but I think alot of pups are right now.  I am taking care of two minpins right now and the little boy is having a rough time..sneezing, itching and runny eyes..Tell her to feel better!