Author Topic: SAN DIEGO,CA wanna meet for a puppy play date?  (Read 6900 times)

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
SAN DIEGO,CA wanna meet for a puppy play date?
« on: August 07, 2005, 03:22:32 pm »
Would anyone be interested in meeting for a puppy play date? i have a soon to be 6 month old puppy that needs some play time with other pups her size. she is 77 lbs and i know she would LOVE to have someone to play with. if anyone is interested in meeting please let me know. thanks

ANGEL

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: SAN DIEGO,CA wanna meet for a puppy play date?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 03:29:21 pm »
forgot to add she is a Great Dane...im sure ya frigured that out tho..lol

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 05:40:02 pm »
There are other San Diegans who would love to play with you I am sure. Maybe sometime we can meet too but with school starting it is very unlikely. If you ever come to Fresno though, look us up!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 07:27:48 pm »
thanks ladies. i hope some of the san diegans look me up..lol my pup needs a playmate..the chihuahua isnt cuttin it anymore..haha. .

ANGEL

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 10:53:08 pm »
I know that Grumpybunny is there and bet she would love to hang out!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 08:33:58 am »
Well, I can't promise that Ranger will play with your pup, at least not right away.  Maybe after he gets to know her....  But we could certainly walk them together and give them a chance to get to know each other if you like....  Did you say you are in Tierrasanta in that other thread?  Do you have a specific place you normally walk...?
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:44:53 am »
yes i live in tierrasanta. i normally walk her around the housing area (we live in military housing) but anywhere is fine. im open to just about anything. we can see if they like eachother and go from there..

ANGEL

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 10:28:21 am »
We can certainly get them together, if you like.  Ranger can be a little bit touchy with other dogs at first, but I think if we keep them seperated at first til he feels more comfortable, they might be okay to interact eventually.  It would certainly be good for him... 

But I can't promise he might not be a little bit growly with your girl at first, so I totally understand if you don't want to try...

I live in the Allied Gardens area (off the 8 at Waring Road) and we are pretty close to a big park, or we can come to your neck of the woods, or meet in the middle. 

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 09:16:15 am »
hmmm im not sure because sophie is all over any dog she is around and trys to make them fall in love with her. i think she might be a bit much for your Ranger. im actually trying to get her out of her bad habits because she is a bit much at times. when i can get her to calm down then we can try this but i think she will be a bit much right now for Ranger. wish she was just a little bit more calm around other dogs....*sigh*

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 10:53:45 am »
No worries - I can understand that she would want someone that she can actually play with...   ;D

Offline fcsantos

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 06:07:08 pm »
I'm in Granite Hills area. Zoe needs a playmate but she does not have all of her shots yet, but when she does we would be happy too. Has your dog been to any puppy training yet?

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 08:42:55 pm »
not yet but i have found some people in the area that are willing to help in that area.  she knows how to sit and lay down but only if you have  a treat..does that count?LOL how old is Zoe? or i should say how big?lol have you found a place that has good puppy training?

ANGEL

Offline Lesli310

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 11:58:06 pm »
I really wish I could but I'm in VA and I hjave two 7 month old Dane pups that would love to play. If you ever come to VA look us up.

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 12:12:10 am »
oh you do? awww when will you make it to San Diego?LOL  have you trained them? asking because im having issues with my dane..she paws ALOT and wont leave me alone when i lay down. im about to have surgery but she thinks if im layin down im a toy needing to be slapped and chewed/slobber on..lol she doesnt do it to be mean but just play. any advise on how to break her of the bad habits or ways? if not its ok..lol

ANGEL

BTW do you have boys? girls? how big are they now? i had a dane before but he only got to 109 lbs due to kidney failure and was really small for his age. im trying to figure out how big my dane pup will be. she is alost 6 months old and 77 lbs..