Author Topic: Tank the newfoundland mix puppy!  (Read 17756 times)

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
Tank the newfoundland mix puppy!
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:13:16 pm »
I have not been on here for awhile, so I thought I would update everyone on Tank! We rescued Tank from a kill shelter. He is doing great and is housebroken already! He knows how to sit and is very well behaved. We can tell he is a Newfoundland mix though as he is 6 months old and weighs 50 lbs. Also, his tail curls all the way up like a Chow Chow's when he gets excited and when he wags his tail. But, when he is calm or when he is laying down, his tail lays flat. He does not act anything like a Chow Chow or look like one. So, We are not sure what he is mixed with.

Here is a picture of him when we first got him:

Here is a picture of him at 5 months old playing with one of our dachshunds(Her name is Mylie)They are best friends!:

Here is another picture of him at 5 months old:

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
Re: Tank the newfoundland mix puppy!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:21:23 pm »
Do you guys think he is a mix or just a small Newfie??

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:24:27 pm »
Also, his tail curls all the way up like a Chow Chow's when he gets excited and when he wags his tail. But, when he is calm or when he is laying down, his tail lays flat.

He is so cute and looks complete Newf to me. There are doggies on here you could easily compare him to. My Bear has a completely different look so so we can't compare looks other than the tail.  The tail you describe is complete Newf- straight most times but curled when running or happy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:26:38 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 08:32:53 pm »
Your newfoundland is beautiful! Also, shouldn't he be bigger though? I thought at 6 months old he should be bigger than 50 lbs??

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »
Thanks! Tank might just be a small Newf. It's true that they usually grow fast & gain weight quickly but it is proportionate to their body size. Just be happy that he is healthy and growing correctly.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 08:39:29 pm »
He's beautiful! Just beautiful! :-*

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:42:26 pm »
Tank is an awesome dog and we love him just the way he is! Thank you for the compliments!

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 09:29:53 pm »
Tank looks perfect in body weigh! He is not to skinny or too fat. Just perfect. So I guess he is just going to be a smaller newfie or is growing slow. We are just glad he is happy and healthy! He is perfect just the way he is! We are actually glad he is smaller since we have 9 dachshunds. He is actually very gentle when he plays with them!

We feed Tank and the dachshunds, Diamond Maintenance Formula for Dogs, and he seems to be doing wonderful on it! He LOVES to eat! lol

Tank is also very lucky because he has a lot of room to run and play in our half an acre backyard. We live in the country and he loves to take walks in the pasture! He also LOVES to bark at the horses!

Our backyard:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:34:54 pm by KatysTank »

lookingfornewf

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 07:20:17 am »
Tank is very cute and looks like he has a great place to live. I don't see any chow in him, maybe lab, maybe all newf. I know they all grow at different weights and sizes. Clifford was 75 pounds at 6 mos old.

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 07:25:47 am »
where i live we see quite a lot of chow mixes and in the first pic he has that kinda look to him

Either way he's a cool lookin dog does look that much different to Arkyd(Newfie/lab/st.ber) at that age

But i am known to be wrong once in a while

Offline KatysTank

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Mya
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 11:54:28 am »
WHOA! 75 lb at 6 months? That is a BIG puppy! lol

Everybody has such beautiful dogs here! :D

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:13:22 pm by KatysTank »