Author Topic: Water Babies  (Read 2047 times)

jesday

Water Babies
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:15 am »
First, there are no pics. Far be it from me to mention Hubs brought camera but no battery. :-X

First laking for the kids. We found a lake with a special place of dogs off leash. They built a shelf along it's edge to give the dogs a firm area to crawl out, in addition to some cement steps.

Poor Sophie girl has never been in water above her elbows and walked right off the shelf. The look on her face of total surprise and panic was hysterical and heart breaking at the same time. We had to heft her out because she couldn't figure how to get her back legs onto the shelf.

Syrus wasn't paying attention, but got excited when someone threw a ball out and about 4 dogs jumped in to fetch it. He went running after the other dogs and did the same thing. Right off the shelf and total surprise.

We spent the rest of the day coaxing them back in and was finally able to get Syrus in with water covering his back but could still touch the bottom. All of a sudden he just turned and started swimming out to the middle. A guy was swimming and was making quite a splash. Syrus' first rescue. He got about half way to the guy, then got scared and came back. But he tried. :D

Never did get Sophie back in and didn't want to push it. She sat on the side while Syrus went to rescue. "You go Syrus. I'll be here to administer CPR when you get back."

Fun day. We're going to try again this week. "I'm charging the battery as we speak.

lorim2

Re: Water Babies
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:11:31 am »
Sounds like a really cool place.  I cant wait till next time so we can see some pics!  Good boy Syrus....